Profile for Kelli Riffle > Reviews

Content by Kelli Riffle

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Kelli Riffle "kelliko70" (Princeton, WV, USA)

Faeries' Oracle
Faeries' Oracle
by Brian Froud
Price: CDN$ 18.80
41 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical faery card deck, March 27 2004
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
I have very little attraction to faery decks but this one I can't seem to part with. It is a beautiful,and sometimes, haunting deck. I keep it mainly for personal use and do not read for others with it. The images are gorgeous and curious-looking, if one is not familiar with the faeries in all their manifestations. The book is great--hardback and very durable--and filled with information about the cards and faeries that is easy to understand. It is a beautiful deck to use or just to add to the collectors shelf.

The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals
The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals
by Mary K. Greer
Price: CDN$ 14.08
27 used & new from CDN$ 6.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book to begin with, March 26 2004
I do a lot of Tarot readings and quite often reversed cards come up. I do not think they pop up for no reason. This book does give a good place to start really learning the reversed meanings of the cards. It has been an easy read for me which is really important because I am dyslexic. This book does combine Traditional meanings, shamanistic/magical meanings, health issues and "psychological" meanings. In my experience, it has added an extra depth and accuracy to my readings. I have found most people are put off by reading reversed meanings but I was taught to use both meanings. It is a great place to start but no book takes the place of intuition.

by D.J. Conway
Price: CDN$ 29.78
11 used & new from CDN$ 29.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly beautiful, Feb. 8 2004
You do not have to be a dragon lover to like these cards. I gave it a 5 because the cards are so beautiful. However, the book can be difficult to read and in some cases, the descriptions do not seem to match the cards themselves. I would not really recommend these cards to beginners, but if they speak to you, get them. You probably will not be disappointed. The images on the cards tend to speak for themselves, but if you're looking for specific meanings, the book can be very confusing and you may need to cross-reference with another book.

Dragon Tarot Deck: 78-Card Deck
Dragon Tarot Deck: 78-Card Deck
by Terry Donaldson
Price: CDN$ 12.96
14 used & new from CDN$ 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Deck, Feb. 8 2004
I had the Celtic Dragon Tarot first, but I absolutely LOVE this deck. The images are beautiful and powerful and readings are very accurate for me. A friend of mine did one reading with my cards and has decided he wants a deck of his own. It is a very strong deck, but "welcoming," almost like coming home. If you like dragons, you will most likely connect with this deck and may keep it as your personal deck. Try it, you'll like it.

Spiral Tarot Deck
Spiral Tarot Deck
by Kay Steventon
Price: CDN$ 21.47
21 used & new from CDN$ 14.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Very friendly deck, Feb. 8 2004
This review is from: Spiral Tarot Deck (Cards)
I was unsure of how well I would like this deck when I read the description of the cards. The images are very friendly and they have a very "nice" feeling to them. The readings are accurate and have a more positive twist to them. Some of the images are of people from the 1800's and, at first, I found that a bit odd but I realized that for this particular deck, it's perfect. Great for everyday use or to just collect. I was very surprised by this deck and I'm sure others will be too.

A Witch's Book of Dreams: Understanding the Power of Dreams and Symbols
A Witch's Book of Dreams: Understanding the Power of Dreams and Symbols
by Karri Ann Allrich
19 used & new from CDN$ 17.18

4.0 out of 5 stars good reference source for dreams, Feb. 6 2004
As a psychology student and a Wiccan, this book is very helpful when it comes to unraveling the mystery of dreams. I was surprised to see some of the symbols and imagery that I had not thought of at all, and some of my dreams made total sense. Great book for beginners of dream analysis. The book is not a source for great detail, but is a great starting point.

Wiccan Warrior: Walking a Spiritual Path in a Sometimes Hostile World
Wiccan Warrior: Walking a Spiritual Path in a Sometimes Hostile World
by Kerr Cuhulain
22 used & new from CDN$ 13.83

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to make you think, Jan. 3 2004
I stared at this book for several minutes, several times at the book store. I kept coming back to it and I didn't know why. Finally, I had to buy it. I even put off reading it, but it wouldn't go away. I was pleasantly surprised with all the material in this book and recommend it highly to beginners and the experienced both. It makes you think about motivations and consequences in ways you may never have thought about before which is a good thing. It's not fluffy, it's not boring and its not a dust collector. I have even found the time to re-read it more than once. It's a great read and a great source. Thinking is not a bad thing at all.

by D.J. Conway
Price: CDN$ 29.78
11 used & new from CDN$ 29.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtakingly beautiful cards, Jan. 2 2004
When I bought this deck, I was hoping it would be nice. I was amazed. This deck is absoutely gorgeous and very impressive. I was definitely not disappointed and everyone who has seen it has had the same reaction. If you love dragons and want to work with powerful and accurate cards, get this deck. You won't be disappointed.

Faceless
Faceless
Price: CDN$ 10.81
46 used & new from CDN$ 1.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album from a great band, Dec 28 2003
This review is from: Faceless (Audio CD)
Absolutely love Sully's vocals and lyrics and the drums and bass cannot be beat. The tribal feel of all their albums leave me wanting more and more. Fans will not be disappointed and those new to the band will go get the other albums. You a fan? You need this for your collection.

Godsmack/Smack This
Godsmack/Smack This
DVD ~ DVD
Price: CDN$ 16.98
17 used & new from CDN$ 3.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the $$$$ just to see it, Nov. 15 2003
This review is from: Godsmack/Smack This (DVD)
This DVD absolutely cracked me up--the laundry room and backstage scenes are worth the money just for the laugh--not for the squeemish though. Gotta see it if you're a fan.