Profile for Lewis Cruise > Reviews

Content by Lewis Cruise

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Lewis Cruise "Dondaven" (Quebec, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That?: Fabulous Recipes & Easy Tips
Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That?: Fabulous Recipes & Easy Tips
by Ina Garten
Price: CDN$ 25.08
31 used & new from CDN$ 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of flavour..love the recipes, Nov. 28 2010
In my opinion, this is a really nice cookbook, beautiful photographs for each recipes which I really like. Well written and and easy recipes as the title says. Highly recommend. By the way, I do not agree with previous comments; people do not buy cookbook to get morals from how they should eat or live. They just want good recipes with flavour in order to appreciate a nice good meal at home. Bravo Ina and keep the good work!

Animal
Animal
Price: CDN$ 8.00
42 used & new from CDN$ 0.78

5.0 out of 5 stars I love her music!, June 6 2010
This review is from: Animal (Audio CD)
I have thousands of cd's at home and I don't know why this artist gets these negatives reviews. When I get bored with all my cd's, I will sure pick-up Kesha to lift up my spirit and dance the night away. Keep the good work Kesha - love you!

V2 DANCE MEGA-MIX:
V2 DANCE MEGA-MIX:
Price: CDN$ 15.95
14 used & new from CDN$ 12.04

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not mix at all!, Feb. 9 2010
This review is from: V2 DANCE MEGA-MIX: (Audio CD)
If you are looking for the ambiance of the 80's such as a dj record, please search somewhere else! The selection of songs on this cd are great but they are not mix to one another. Actually, it stops quiet abuptally and it breaks right away the athmosphere of the era. Some versions of the songs selected are really nice, but the fact that they are not mixed together make you wish they were album version instead in order to get a normal start and end of each songs.

I Dreamed a Dream
I Dreamed a Dream
Price: CDN$ 7.62
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible piece of art!, Nov. 22 2009
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
I will just say this; I never, ever in my life, been touch like that just by listening to a cd. Very special.

How to Eat: The Pleasures and Principles of Good Food
How to Eat: The Pleasures and Principles of Good Food
by Nigella Lawson
15 used & new from CDN$ 16.01

4.0 out of 5 stars No pictures!!!!!!, Oct. 29 2009
I like Nigella Lawson and love her TV show but if you need pictures to see the results of the recipes, please choose another cookbook of hers because this one has none! Her writting style his fun, but this book is more like a novel including recipes.

Dish Entertains: Everyday Simple to Special Occasions
Dish Entertains: Everyday Simple to Special Occasions
by Trish Magwood
Price: CDN$ 15.64
10 used & new from CDN$ 6.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite cookbook, Oct. 28 2009
After trying some recipes in this cookbook, I have to say I am a bit desapointed of the results. I guess, I have not been lucky with her recommendations. The Stewie's carrot cake for example ask for 1 and 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and 2 cups of sugar and that is without the frosting; and it is a small cake. It was a bit greasy and to sweet, no one in my family ask for leftovers. I will give more try to others of her recipes but am a bit hesitant to waist pricy ingredients, and some recipes are kind of heavy on my liver.

In The Kitchen With Anna: New Ways With The Classics
In The Kitchen With Anna: New Ways With The Classics
by Anna Olson
Price: CDN$ 18.77
34 used & new from CDN$ 11.74

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an ok cookbook, Oct. 28 2009
Eventhough, I followed the recipe from this book very carefully, her recipes did not turned out very well for me. I guess I will have to try more and see if I can improve them with her tips, but so far nothing fabulous came out of it, and none were looking for leftovers.

I Look To You
I Look To You
Price: CDN$ 8.00
49 used & new from CDN$ 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, Sept. 16 2009
This review is from: I Look To You (Audio CD)
I don't care what people says about Whitney. I've listen to this album many times and ask myself..do I like it because it's Whitney or because the album is good. I came to the conclusion I like it because it's good. It got class, rythme, spirit and overall the cd has a good sound of R&B and the soul that I like on a album. So to me it deserves a 5 stars.

I'm Not There (Two-Disc Collector's Edition) (2007) (Sous-titres français)
I'm Not There (Two-Disc Collector's Edition) (2007) (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Christian Bale
Offered by Warehouse105
Price: CDN$ 13.47
24 used & new from CDN$ 5.61

3.0 out of 5 stars It could of been better!, Nov. 8 2008
I think this movie has a good story and it is nice and interesting to watch the point of view and life opinion of the unordinary Mr. Dylan, but the movie is a bit confusing because it is hard to follow. The film does bring you back to that era and some people may feel the nostalgia, but the movie itself is just too upside down and messy! Good songs, great actors, entertaining at times but overall desapointing movie.

Crayons
Crayons
Price: CDN$ 9.49
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good album!, May 20 2008
This review is from: Crayons (Audio CD)
It' a very good album and I think it should make many hits. As far as I am concern Donna Summer Crayons should be one of the best album this year.

Page: 1 | 2