ARRAY(0xa82140d8)

Profile for Jesika > Reviews

Content by Jesika

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jesika (Indianapolis, IN)

The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Baby Sleep Longer
by Harvey Karp M.D.
17 used & new from CDN$ 2.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Last baby book I'll buy for a long time, Oct. 25 2003
Although our son was not colicky, he was a loud sleeper. He thrashed and kicked and woke himself up 3 or 4 times a night. He was so loud we had to put him in his own room long before we were ready to.
I read Dr. Karp's book in one evening and started using the 5 s's that same night. What a change! The very first night, although he kicked and screamed about being swaddled, he fell asleep quickly and slept FIVE hours straight (at four weeks old)!! Since then, we have been swaddling our son every night and for his long nap in the daytime. Most of the time, only 2 or 3 of the s's are needed to put our son to sleep. We even can put him to bed mildly awake and he goes to sleep on his own.
Dr. Karp's book is easy to read, easy to use, and absolutely the truth. My North African husband had tried to convince me to use the very same techniques Dr. Karp espouses in his book from the time we came home from the hospital. I thought my husband was nutso to want to keep swaddling the baby... I eat my words!

Penguin Classics Koran
Penguin Classics Koran
by Anonymous
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
71 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible translation, Jan. 29 2002
Do NOT buy this translation. It is done to look like the King James Bible and is about as fun to read. This was the first Quran I bought and I had a terrible time reading it. You are much better to go with translations from Marmaduke Pichthall or Yusuf Ali. This is a very poor translation and hard to read.