Profile for LadyDryad > Reviews

Content by LadyDryad

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

LadyDryad "Professional Bibliophile"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
20Pcs Bamboo Crochet Hooks Knitting Needles Set with Case
20Pcs Bamboo Crochet Hooks Knitting Needles Set with Case
Offered by Cangnan Tsunsu Packing Co. Ltd
Price: CDN$ 1.43
39 used & new from CDN$ 1.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat the price!, July 27 2015
For what I paid for this set of crochet hooks, I am very impressed. The bamboo is nice and smooth, meaning my yarn glides nicely across them, and the flat bamboo handles of the smaller sizes (the left side of the case in the item pictures) are comfortable to hold..I actually wish that more of my hooks had handles like that.

One hook had a tiny rough spot, but a few rubs with some sandpaper cleaned it right up and made it so that there's no chance of it catching on my yarn. I would definitely recommend these if you're looking for a nice set of hooks for a small amount of money.

Derwent Battery Operated Eraser (2301931)
Derwent Battery Operated Eraser (2301931)
Price: CDN$ 12.33
16 used & new from CDN$ 8.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price!, July 27 2015
This is my first battery-operated eraser. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but this erases nicely and precisely, with a little care. Fits nicely in my hand, and is very easy to use. I would recommend this for anyone looking to purchase an affordable electric eraser.

Prang Artist Charcoal Pencils, Paper Wrapped, Medium, Box of 12, Black (60100)
Prang Artist Charcoal Pencils, Paper Wrapped, Medium, Box of 12, Black (60100)
Price: CDN$ 10.08
4 used & new from CDN$ 10.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the price!, July 27 2015
These charcoal pencils are handy to have...mess-free, easy to sharpen, and fit nicely into my art supply case. The charcoal is good quality for the price you pay, and the fact that you get 12 of them for so little money allows you play around with them without worrying about damaging or "wasting" an expensive art supply.

An Unexpected Cookbook: The Unofficial Book of Hobbit Cookery
An Unexpected Cookbook: The Unofficial Book of Hobbit Cookery
Price: CDN$ 7.28

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read and full of wonderful recipes!, July 27 2015
Fantastic book! It's written in a very engaging way...the recipes are great (the ones I've tried, anyway...but everything sounds great), and the way that it's written never fails to make me chuckle. Immersing myself in this book feels like I'm actually reading something written by someone from the Shire. What more can you ask for in a fantasy-themed cookbook?!

Definitely a worthwhile purchase for any cooks and/or bakers, whether they be interested in The Hobbit or not.

Martin 66-JS1004 Just Stow-It Double Tool Bag for the Arts
Martin 66-JS1004 Just Stow-It Double Tool Bag for the Arts
Offered by Stuff 4 Crafts
Price: CDN$ 43.47
11 used & new from CDN$ 24.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give it more than 5 stars - Perfect!, July 27 2015
This bag is AMAZING! It's a little bigger than I was expecting...after I ordered it, I was actually concerned that maybe I should have bought something bigger, but the size is exactly what I needed. There are so many pouches, pockets, and elastics to hold things down, that I immediately filled it with all of my art supplies. An example of the holding ability of this thing...I put in: 75 coloured pencils, 30 various art markers and pens of different sizes, several erasers, sharpeners, stomps, three boxes of 12 (each) charcoal pencils, two rulers...the list goes on. AND! I still have space for more things.

This is a very handy bag if you're looking for something with lots of pockets. The elastic tie-downs can either be used to hold down long paintbrushes, or as a second row of storage. I put pens and erasers and stuff in them, and they hold down nice and tightly. If you're looking for something to store art, craft, writing, etc. supplies, this is exactly what you need!

18pcs 2.0mm-10.0mm 80cm Bamboo Circular Knitting Needles with Colorful Tube
18pcs 2.0mm-10.0mm 80cm Bamboo Circular Knitting Needles with Colorful Tube
Offered by Accmart
Price: CDN$ 6.49
20 used & new from CDN$ 3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat this price! Good quality., July 23 2015
You really can't beat the price for these, and the quality is higher than I expected. Where else can you get a full set of circular needles for under $7, and free shipping? The bamboo is nice and smooth, and I don't doubt that my wool will slide on them perfectly.

Magical Housekeeping: Simple Charms and Practical Tips for Creating a Harmonious Home
by Tess Whitehurst
Price: CDN$ 14.08
34 used & new from CDN$ 10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A great reference!, Sept. 21 2010
Magical Housekeeping is a great little book! It's very rare for a book this size to be packed with this much diverse information, but Tess Whitehurst manages to do it.

The book contains tips for cleaning and decluttering, rituals, meditations, and everything in between. Useful if you're trying to bring some magic into your home, or if you just want to declutter!

A Book of Uncommon Prayer
A Book of Uncommon Prayer
by Theo Dorgan
Price: CDN$ 16.00
11 used & new from CDN$ 3.62

4.0 out of 5 stars A diverse collection of prayers from all over!, Sept. 21 2010
I was a bit skeptical in picking up this book, but I'm glad I did. The Book of Uncommon Prayer offers prayers from a wide variety of religions, as well as poetry and other tidbits. It makes a handy reference for those of us that have carved our own religious path.

I would recommend this book to anyone who's not a "hardcore" Christian, as, if you are, you may find offense in some of the writings. However, if you're just curious, be you a believer or not, then check it out!

The Worrywart's Prayer Book: 40 "Help-Me-Get-A-Grip, God" Meditations and Prayers
by Allia Nolan
Price: CDN$ 16.95
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A good little read!, Sept. 21 2010
The Worrywart's Prayer Book is a good little read! It's written in a humorous and light way, making it a good read, or useful as a reference to base your own prayers on. Each section includes quotes from the Bible and from others, making it a handy and diverse little book.

I wouldn't normally have picked up this book, but it was in "Loonie Deals," so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm glad that I did...definitely a good read for worrywarts like me!

An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Herbs: A comprehensive A-Z of herbs and their uses with 700 color photographs
by Jessica Houdret
8 used & new from CDN$ 45.46

5.0 out of 5 stars The best herbal reference book I've got!, Sept. 21 2010
The title of the review says it all. This book is laid out in a very user-friendly way, and it is packed with information. All herbs have one or more full colour pictures, making identification a snap. Medical and culinary uses are listed for all herbs where applicable, and there are even recipes and ideas for how to use the herbs.

Highly recommended for anyone with an interest in herbs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3