Profile for Abram > Reviews

Content by Abram

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Abram (BC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Perfect Fit Extra Firm Density King Size 233 Thread-Count Quilted Sidewall Pillow, 2-Pack, White
Price: CDN$ 32.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars density is subjective i guess... But i liked them., June 30 2015
Came to buy full-sized, but these were cheapest the at the time. So why not? Cool, quiet. But notasfirm as expected. Some say "these are to soft", some say "these are too firm". Ordered the Extra Firm so that if they were too firm for me, i could open them up to remove some filling. But i like them as they are. I can finally toss my old, worn pillows. I'll add that i was a 2 pilloguy, and one of these is sufficient. And with the density and size, they'd make mighty fine for a pillow fight.

Egyptian Cotton 300 Thread Count King Pillowcase Set Solid, Black
Egyptian Cotton 300 Thread Count King Pillowcase Set Solid, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but barely fit my pillows., June 30 2015
I purchased these for the "Perfect Fit Extra Firm Density King Size" pillows. With the 2" gussets, they juuust fit, but they DO fit, with a tiny bit of wiggle room and a few inches extra length. All in all, a reasonable fit. They feel fine, but I'm not too picky.

CounterArt Flexible Cutting Mat with Food Icons, Set of 4
CounterArt Flexible Cutting Mat with Food Icons, Set of 4
Price: CDN$ 7.83
5 used & new from CDN$ 7.83

5.0 out of 5 stars they're easily scratched by sharp knives, May 26 2015
Totally worth the price. Flexible, strong. Sure, they're easily scratched by sharp knives, but at this price, it's no biggie. I have 1 wooden, and three other plastic boards, and I found myself using dishes to hold already-cut food, so I use these instead.

And once again, Amazon gives us the wrong specs. They are NOT 0.3cm thick. Them come in at 0.1cm, aka 1mm.

Rachael Ray Dinnerware Rise Collection 4-Piece Stoneware Cereal Bowl Set, Purple
3 used & new from CDN$ 33.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but product specs are waaaayyy off., May 25 2015
They're fine. A bit light for stoneware, but a good shape, lip, etc.. Worth the price.

But the specs listed on here are very wrong. I'm too lazy to convert or find my metric ruler, but they are 16.3cm wide, 6.7cm high, and the volumetric capacity is 700ml*. But if course only a madman would fill it to actual capacity. But they nicely hold 600ml. Oh, and there's no way they weigh 800+grams a piece.

But i read many .com reviews and this was mentioned a lot, so i knew what to expect.

Get with it, Amazon.

Oster Coffee Burr Mill Grinder with Hopper, Stainless Steel/Black
Oster Coffee Burr Mill Grinder with Hopper, Stainless Steel/Black
Price: CDN$ 49.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quantity & grind adjustment is easy, Pretty quiet for a burr grinder, April 29 2015
Holds enough beans for 50 strong "cups". Quantity & grind adjustment is easy ,
Pretty quiet for a burr grinder.
Fast.
Excess cord storage.
Easy to take apart to clean, but bottom stem of hopper is a bit tough to dry with fat fingers.

Oh, how i missed having a burr grinder.

Bright blue light is obnoxious, but easily remedied.

Oster Stainless Steel 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker
Oster Stainless Steel 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker
Price: CDN$ 78.98
3 used & new from CDN$ 78.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, April 29 2015
Works well, keeps the coffee at a good temperature. Brews a full pot on under 7 minutes. Water tank has a nice grip on it. Excess cord storage is keen.

The only thing i find a bit annoying is that you have to access one side for the water, and the other side for the basket. I keep my code maker against my fridge, so i have to pull it out to make a pot. Not a big deal, but it would've been pretty easy to design the basket to pop out the front instead...

Ketchup Condiment Sauce Mustard Oil Season Color Squeeze Bottle 340ml(Random Color: 1 Pcs)
Offered by huayangtradingca
Price: CDN$ 3.49
3 used & new from CDN$ 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fine, April 21 2015
Yup, cheap plastic. but the lid is secure for the oils i use, and the tip cover stays put. I've dropped one of them twice and nothing spilled out, so yay. I had glass ones but the tops were cheap adn made a mess. These are a great replacement.

My one complaint is that i got three of the same colour. The description says the colours are random, so this wasn't impossible. But the plastic is clear enough that i can still tell which is which be the oil colours.

Breville BREBDC600XL YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker
Breville BREBDC600XL YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker
4 used & new from CDN$ 270.92

2.0 out of 5 stars Potentially great, but no., April 21 2015
Well, the actual coffee is great, and the thermal carafe does and excellent job.

I bought this thing after using it at my mothers' house for a couple weeks. I had been shopping around for a thermal- carafe coffee maker and a burr grinder, and this had both and worked quite well, so I bought myself one.

2 weeks later, and I'm sending it back. As others have stated, it grinds FAR too many beans, and they are ground too course, as one would for a french press. It ground so many beans that only selecting the weakest strength would it not spill over the edge of the filter (both included and paper), and leave grounds in my pot, and once it clogged the drip hole and made a mess on my counter. Yes, it's also a bit of a fuss to clean, but if it worked correctly, this would not be a real problem.

If you go back in reviews for this, all over the web, the ratings were mostly excellent up until about a year ago. It seems that the manufacturer had been doing an increasingly poor job. If this worked as it should, it would be awesome. As always, you're better off getting separate products that do a job, than to get a combo device that does things half-arsed.

To Amazons' credit, the return process has thus far been quite easy.

PS - just today, my mother mentioned that their 11-month old model (same one) had bitten the dist,m and they were also returning theirs.

I'll be purchasing the ever-popular Cusinart thermal coffee maker, and a separate grinder. I hesitated to buy another Cuisinart, but i see those things in many households and no one complains about them.

T-fal D1933254 Simply Cook 24cm Sautepan with Lid, Black
T-fal D1933254 Simply Cook 24cm Sautepan with Lid, Black
Price: CDN$ 19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints., April 18 2015
Used it three times now. Its ovensafe to 350f (plastic parts keep this limit low), and the handles held up fine.

The bottom-to-side curve is sharper than expected, but i prefer it that way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6