Profile for Abram > Reviews

Content by Abram

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Abram (BC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Ketchup Condiment Sauce Mustard Oil Season Color Squeeze Bottle 340ml(Random Color: 1 Pcs)
Offered by huayangtradingca
Price: CDN$ 3.51
2 used & new from CDN$ 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fine, April 21 2015
Yup, cheap plastic. but the lid is secure for the oils i use, and the tip cover stays put. I've dropped one of them twice and nothing spilled out, so yay. I had glass ones but the tops were cheap adn made a mess. These are a great replacement.

My one complaint is that i got three of the same colour. The description says the colours are random, so this wasn't impossible. But the plastic is clear enough that i can still tell which is which be the oil colours.

Breville BREBDC600XL YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker
Breville BREBDC600XL YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker
Price: CDN$ 239.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 179.84

2.0 out of 5 stars Potentially great, but no., April 21 2015
Well, the actual coffee is great, and the thermal carafe does and excellent job.

I bought this thing after using it at my mothers' house for a couple weeks. I had been shopping around for a thermal- carafe coffee maker and a burr grinder, and this had both and worked quite well, so I bought myself one.

2 weeks later, and I'm sending it back. As others have stated, it grinds FAR too many beans, and they are ground too course, as one would for a french press. It ground so many beans that only selecting the weakest strength would it not spill over the edge of the filter (both included and paper), and leave grounds in my pot, and once it clogged the drip hole and made a mess on my counter. Yes, it's also a bit of a fuss to clean, but if it worked correctly, this would not be a real problem.

If you go back in reviews for this, all over the web, the ratings were mostly excellent up until about a year ago. It seems that the manufacturer had been doing an increasingly poor job. If this worked as it should, it would be awesome. As always, you're better off getting separate products that do a job, than to get a combo device that does things half-arsed.

To Amazons' credit, the return process has thus far been quite easy.

PS - just today, my mother mentioned that their 11-month old model (same one) had bitten the dist,m and they were also returning theirs.

I'll be purchasing the ever-popular Cusinart thermal coffee maker, and a separate grinder. I hesitated to buy another Cuisinart, but i see those things in many households and no one complains about them.

T-fal D1933254 Simply Cook 24cm Sautepan with Lid, Black
T-fal D1933254 Simply Cook 24cm Sautepan with Lid, Black
Price: CDN$ 19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints., April 18 2015
Used it three times now. Its ovensafe to 350f (plastic parts keep this limit low), and the handles held up fine.

The bottom-to-side curve is sharper than expected, but i prefer it that way.

Norpro 3263 Stainless Steel Cookie Spatula, Silver
Norpro 3263 Stainless Steel Cookie Spatula, Silver
Price: CDN$ 3.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comically small., March 28 2015
Yes, I read the dimensions before I bought it. yet, it didn't do the laughable size justice. But it's pretty strong, gas a nice edge, and I'm sure i'll find a use for it.

Nordic Ware Bakers-Quarter Sheet, 13 by 9 by 1
Nordic Ware Bakers-Quarter Sheet, 13 by 9 by 1
Price: CDN$ 14.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., March 28 2015
I bought the half-sheet, loved it, and thought a smaller one would be handy. As with the half-sheet, this one came without flaws ans works just as excellently. the only silicone mat that fits i could find was in a pack, so I bough another half-sized mat, and it squishes into this sheet nicely.

HIC Fish Spatula with Slotted Angled Blade, 18/8 Stainless Steel, 11.25-inch
HIC Fish Spatula with Slotted Angled Blade, 18/8 Stainless Steel, 11.25-inch
Price: CDN$ 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, March 26 2015
Very nice. Thin, and stronger/stiffer than expected.

Totally Bamboo 5-Piece Utensil Set
Totally Bamboo 5-Piece Utensil Set
Price: CDN$ 7.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fair for the price, March 26 2015
Kinda cheap. Rough spots. But low price, and sandpaper is cheap.

I have wooden utensils that I've had for years, and since they do fine in the dishwasher, I'll be sacrificing one of these to test them out. Yes, i an aware that they suggest to not do that. But after a quick 1600 grit ru doqn, they're pretty easy to clean by hand.

The Bearded Goon's RIDICULOUSLY STRONG Beard & Handlebar Moustache Wax - 1oz (30ml) Strongest Hold for Mustache, Beards, & Facial Hair
Offered by Best Nutrition Shop
Price: CDN$ 15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but not if you're in a rush., March 19 2015
After cheaping with with a lower-priced wax in a tube and discovering it was terrible, I bought this. Works quite well. The only disadvantage is that since it's fairly stiff when in the tin, it takes a bit of friction to warm it up enough to apply. though I noticed that if I warm it up just a bit, then glob it on under my nose, my nasal exhalation and body heat will soften it quickly, then i spread it with my moustache comb and go from there.

MIU France Stainless Steel Mesh Skimmer, 10-Inch
MIU France Stainless Steel Mesh Skimmer, 10-Inch
Price: CDN$ 15.20
2 used & new from CDN$ 15.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Uhhh, March 17 2015
It's a skimmer. Yes, it skims.

Bernardin Vintage Jars, Blue, 500ml - Pack of 6