Profile for Abram > Reviews

Content by Abram

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Abram (BC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Wahl Professional 8110 5-star Series Balding Clipper
Wahl Professional 8110 5-star Series Balding Clipper
Price: CDN$ 50.06
10 used & new from CDN$ 46.58

5.0 out of 5 stars From an actual user: it's awesome., Jan. 29 2015
First of all, I've actually used this on now.. 5 occasions. First time, I had a family member do it, then I've used it on my own skull since.

It works excellently. the blades are sharp, the only thing I've nicked is the single tiny bump i had on my head (which is now gone, thanks to the clipper), and takes my hair down to about a days' growth. I READ THE MANUAL, because the majority of negative reviews I found on it stated that it cut peoples' scalps a lot. I assume this is because the blades weren't shipped with correct adjustments. Fortunately, mine came shipped just fine (the simple instructions are IN THE MANUAL), and I didn't need to tweak them at all - the cutting blades are a mere <1mm behind the bottom blade, as it should be to get a close shave.

Ya, they're a bit heavier than other clippers, but it doesn't get hot, it runs well, is very well built, the cord is tough and quite long, and the box is suitable as a case.

I decided to stop shaving my face and instead shave my head, and with this clipper, I can shave my head to near-baby smooth in less time than it took to shave my face with my rotary shaver.

As with any close cuts, it's best to wrap a hot towel around your head to soften up the skin. You won't carve yourself up if you shave without this step, but it makes the process a bit easier and gives a slightly closer shave. IOt also works very well on cleaning up my beardline.

So if you want to get VERY close to razor-close shaves, get this thing. I used two different 'regular' clippers on my head while waitign for this one to arrive, and this little machine is quite worth the purchase.

Streamlight 66118 Stylus Pro Black LED Pen Flashlight with Holster
Streamlight 66118 Stylus Pro Black LED Pen Flashlight with Holster
Price: CDN$ 25.25
24 used & new from CDN$ 25.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems pretty well-buil; t, Jan. 22 2015
Seems pretty well-buil;t. Bright. I also got the newer "C4" bulb. strong clip. Fits nicely into the pen slot in my backpack.

niceeshop(TM) 45 in 1 Precision Screwdriver Tool Set for Rc Pc Mobile Car
niceeshop(TM) 45 in 1 Precision Screwdriver Tool Set for Rc Pc Mobile Car
Offered by niceEshop
Price: CDN$ 11.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine. The box seems solid enough, Jan. 19 2015
Works fine. The box seems solid enough, with a good latch and the pieces fit snuggly. the drivers could turn a bit easier, though - one-handed use is a bit stiff com,pared to my all metal precision set.

Sunbeam Generation 1.7-Litre 360-Degree Cordless Kettle, Blue/ White
Sunbeam Generation 1.7-Litre 360-Degree Cordless Kettle, Blue/ White
Price: CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, Jan. 16 2015
360 base, and boils cold water quite quickly. The element is completely covered, so classic it is easy.

It also didn't set my house on fire, so that is nice.

Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear
Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear
Price: CDN$ 16.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 9.36

4.0 out of 5 stars .. They are pyrex bowls., Jan. 16 2015
It's pyrex, so it's awesome. I've never had piece of pyrex cookware full me before.

Yes, they are relatively shallow, but the base is still wide enough to be stable. I'll be buying the next size up which these will nest in nicely.

Milwaukee 48-22-1901 Fastback Flip Open Utility Knife
Milwaukee 48-22-1901 Fastback Flip Open Utility Knife
Price: CDN$ 16.18
5 used & new from CDN$ 12.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but clip placement is a bit awkward., Jan. 16 2015
I open many boxes at work, so i use this alot. Opens and closes smoothly , well built, easy to swap blades. I love it.

BUT. The clip Although the clip is quite excellent, it's oriented in a way that i have up pull it off myself, flip it over, AND turn it to use it. If it was on the button side, and attached at the rear of the case, it'd be perfect. Being the clip on that side would also privies a bit of a hold for the fingertips. If i was a lefty, it be more comfortable to grasp.

The clip is otherwise very nice. Long, strong, and the curve it large enough that it's very easy to puback on my pants, jacket, whatever.

Oh, since i use it to open boxes, there's no edge to easily break a tape seem. I'll be taking a grinding disc and shave a bit of the front-bottom edge near the pivot point. Lucky for me, it currently has a handy piece that is perfectly placed for this.

Norpro 4-Piece Knife Organizer Set
Norpro 4-Piece Knife Organizer Set
Price: CDN$ 11.19
5 used & new from CDN$ 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars but they're easy to adjust, Jan. 16 2015
Simple. Adjustable. Cheap. Works.

Sure, they slide around a bit, and it's cheap plastic. but they're easy to adjust, hold my heaviest cleaver upright, and stay locked together. I'll probably buy another. I laid down a piece of drawer matting and it stays in place. or one could use double-sided tape.

For the actual product, I'd give it 4 stars, but the price leads me to give it a 5-star rating.

Norpro 3070 18-Inch Tapered Rolling Pin
Norpro 3070 18-Inch Tapered Rolling Pin
Price: CDN$ 7.90
7 used & new from CDN$ 7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars ... It's a rolling pin., Nov. 27 2014
Perfect length. I first used a non-handled pin a couple years ago, and the increase in control is amazing. This pin works well. Being wooden, dough sick a wee bit, but since seasoning and eat will learn this over time.

I just wish i was able to find a thicker diameter one-piece pin.

Old Hickory 76-7 In. Cleaver/Chopper
Old Hickory 76-7 In. Cleaver/Chopper
Offered by Express Hardware 1
Price: CDN$ 20.06
5 used & new from CDN$ 16.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Chop chop chop, Nov. 27 2014
Full tang, thick steel, good heft for the size, properly unmatched blade edge angles. Only used it once to chop some chicken, and it cut through the bones quite well.

Zyliss 11960 2-in-1 Handheld Slicer, Plastic, Red
Zyliss 11960 2-in-1 Handheld Slicer, Plastic, Red
Price: CDN$ 22.39
4 used & new from CDN$ 22.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent , but use with care., Nov. 27 2014
Super sharp! Upon the 10th or so use of this tool, i was quickly slicing celery. I got distracted for a second, and shaved off a rather large piece of my finger. It bled for two days and left a 1 inch gouge. I'll be purchasing a filleting glove. I was careless, and paid the price.

When not trying to amputate body parts, this tool is easy to use, nice to hold, the adjustments stay at their setting, the popup julienne blades written well, and it washed eassily. Yay it's dishwasher safe. Replacement blades would have been nice, but i suspect this one blade will last. Unknown to me before receiving it, the blade is serated, and not a straight edge.

To illustrate the potential danger, view my mistake:

Page: 1 | 2 | 3