ARRAY(0xb3fa4e7c)

Profile for Shraylo > Reviews

Content by Shraylo

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Shraylo (Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada)

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland
Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland
DVD ~ Gabriel Damon
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 40.70
7 used & new from CDN$ 9.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A great DVD translation of my favorite movie, Jan. 27 2009
I personally love this movie. It is my favorite movie of all time, and I am very sad that this movie has never received a whole lot of attention from anyone.

Finding a copy of this movie on DVD in the past was an impossible task. Thankfully Echo Bridge Home Entertainment re-released the movie and everything is in tact. The menus are full screen but the movie is presented in wide screen. There are some special features including some sing-alongs, character bios, instructions on how to create your own royal scepter, the Shazama Pajama verse that Nemo says in the movie, and some trailers for other movies.

There is an option for 5.1 Surround Sound, and the menus have music and artwork from the movie.

It's a pretty standard DVD release, but it does fine for any fan. We sure aren't going to get a whole lot else because of the overall unpopularity of the movie. We can pray for a Blu-Ray but I think that's a long ways off.

If you're like me and you love Little Nemo, I definitely recommend picking this up. It's the cheapest and only DVD release available at retail right now.

Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 Controller
Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 Controller
Price: CDN$ 48.92
35 used & new from CDN$ 28.00

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW., July 7 2008
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Firstly, I must say that I am very pleased with the time it took the controller to get here. The item was shipped on Friday, and arrived on Monday. I guess Mississauga to Port Colborne isn't a huge distance, however, when I ordered The Orange Box from Amazon, it took 3 days. 1 day, with super saver shipping for the controller. Very pleased indeed. :)

As for the controller, it's basically the regular SixAxis PS3 controller with a vibration function included. It's a little heavier then the regular controller. Other than that, not much difference. The rumble (which I have missed since PS2's days) adds what was missing from some already great PS3 games. I will be playing Metal Gear Solid 4 through again just to see how different it feels playing with rumble enabled.

Looks like Sony finally saw their mistake. Please don't do it again. Keep the controllers just the way they are.

FINAL FANTASY(r) XII Signature Series Guide
FINAL FANTASY(r) XII Signature Series Guide
by BradyGames
28 used & new from CDN$ 9.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, Jan. 2 2007
This guide is perfect for anyone, be you a hardcore Final Fantasy player, or a newbie to the Final Fantasy world. This book to Final Fantasy XII will tell you everything you need to know to beat the game, as well as point out secret locations and items. If you have bought Final Fantasy XII, it would do you well to buy this guide.

Slipknot: Voliminal, Inside the Nine
Slipknot: Voliminal, Inside the Nine
DVD ~ Slipknot
Price: CDN$ 19.67
36 used & new from CDN$ 5.78

2.0 out of 5 stars Voliminal - Inside The Nine, Dec 19 2006
I recently watched this movie. Now, I'm a Slipknot fan, not a hardcore one, but one nonetheless. I've been to a concert and thought it was pretty amazing. This is not what I expected one of my favoured bands to be like "behind the scenes." It showed the band drinking, smoking, having sex, plugging up their toilets, peeing in their toilets, and doing a lot of other stupid things. Which, if it's where it's meant to be, is fine by me.

However, this DVD showed nothing of the talent Slipknot uses to make their music. NONE! It just showed them laughing, getting high, drinking, and doing stupid stuff. Think of that mixed with some neat audio and visual effects, and some randomly placed concert footage and you've got Voliminal: Inside the Nine.

As a fan, I have to say that what I watched of this DVD, has highly brought down my interest in the band. This is what it has come to - instead of seeing the band talk about their music, talk about their fans, write their music, see how its all done, we see a bunch of goofballs hanging out in their tour bus instead. I am ashamed, Slipknot. I really am. I'm lucky I didn't buy this DVD, and I may never look at Slipknot the same way again.