Profile for A B > Reviews

Content by A B

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

A B

Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS
Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS
Price: CDN$ 199.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic at this price level, Sept. 8 2011
Just adding quickly to these reviews: I love it. I never owned a tablet before so I have nothing to compare it to but at $228 (must have been on sale as it is a bit more expensive now), I absolutely have no buyer regret. The screen is crystal crisp and bright, no hiccups when I run applications, surf the net, watch youtube videos and the built quality feels top notch, high end, solid and durable. It all depends on intended purpose and for me it is primarily reading ebooks and pdf documents. Le Pan fulfills this function 100% for me. Thick computer manuals in pdf format are now easy to read, "leaf" through and carry around when I travel. The battery life is great and will give you many hours of play time before you need to recharge.
One complaint that many people tend to voice is finger prints and smudges on the screen after use which I suppose goes for all tablets. Well, I solved the problem by buying a "capacitive stylus" which makes it much more precise to navigate through the icons and it leaves no residue whatsoever. The rubber point is very soft so there is no worry that it will scratch the screen surface. Make sure you buy the stylus that is designed for capacitive screens. Other types of stylus won't work. I got mine at Future Shop for $14 (cheapest one I found, which is a complete rip off, these things should cost no more than $2 but I got strange looks when I asked about capacitive stylus at Dollarama). You might need two of them if you want to use the "multi-touch" functionality, perhaps a little less convenient than using fingers but again, the screen remains squeaky clean (and I hate dirty screens). Even at the current price it feels like a fantastic deal. I might get another one for my kids to play on.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, functions fine but....., Jan. 28 2011
I had this watch for about two weeks now and although the date functions work great so far, yet the watch gains too much time too fast. I tested it over 5 day period synching it with [...] and it has gained 9 minutes and 42 seconds. I realize that mechanical watches are not perfect and either loose or gain time but my Stuhrling Alpine automatic gains about 1 second per day and my Seiko automatic looses about 1 second per day which is perfectly acceptable to me.
Perigaum claims to be double checking all watches that leave their (Chinese?) factory but I suppose they check the functionality, not accuracy and do not make any adjustments to the movement to be as precise as possible. Either way, I will take it to a qualified watch repair shop to have this adjusted. I think shipping it back to Germany from where it was shipped to me would be too expensive and would take months. I plan not to experiment with brands of unclear origin (the website is very misleading as to where the watches are made) and stick to Seiko, Bulova and a couple of others I trust.