Profile for Stephen L. Noe > Reviews

Content by Stephen L. Noe

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stephen L. Noe "Stephen L. Noe" (Dallas, TX)

Pinnacle Systems Studio 9
Pinnacle Systems Studio 9

4.0 out of 5 stars 9.12 has been rock solid, June 20 2004
This review is from: Pinnacle Systems Studio 9 (CD-ROM)
I will admit that when I bought this program as an upgrade to Studio 7 I was looking for DVD authoring mainly and disappointed by the crash crash crash of the interface even when patched to 9.08. The version in the box by the way was 9.04. I waited patiently (only 3 weeks) and then pinnacle came out with the update to take the product to 9.12. Since I've patched to 9.12 I have had no issues with Studio 9. It works as advertised. I mainly use it to make instructional video's, the two to five minute variety and it works nicely. Personally I'm thinking of upgrading to Liquid Edition 5.5. I think with the currently patched software, Studio 9 will not dissapoint 80 - 85% of the DV home user market. Good luck!

MCSE: Windows 2000  Exams in a Nutshell
MCSE: Windows 2000 Exams in a Nutshell
by Michael Moncur
Price: CDN$ 34.60
16 used & new from CDN$ 4.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, Dec 23 2001
This is a good book if you work with Win 2000 and have NT 4 test taking experience. People seem to think this book is for starting out, it is not. This book is for people who are versed in the subject and want a good summary of things to concentrate on for the test. I would give this book a 5 star but there seems to be a few leftovers from the NT 4 book. All in all it is a great book for test reference.

How to Play Keyboards: Everything You Need to Know to Play Keyboards
How to Play Keyboards: Everything You Need to Know to Play Keyboards
by Roger Evans
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish Roger Evans taught everything, Oct. 3 2001
This author has such a nice style in his writing. Every sentence puts you at ease and doesn't push to hard. This gives the feeling of patience as a teacher. You know, you only have to learn music once then you've got it so why pressure yourself. Evans' style is the kind I like. The book is small and simple but powerful in it's content. Great for keyboards, GREAT! I can't imagine anyone with a keyboard not getting something out of this book.

MCSE Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure For Dummies
MCSE Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure For Dummies
by Glenn E. Weadock
Price: CDN$ 29.63
10 used & new from CDN$ 1.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality test prep!, April 14 2001
I don't know if it is the dummies books in general or Glenn Weadock that make this a quality buy, but this book is worth it's weight in gold as far as getting past the 70-216 test. Easy reading and easy to follow.

Windows 2000 MCSE Study System
Windows 2000 MCSE Study System
by Alan R. Carter
Price: CDN$ 62.36
17 used & new from CDN$ 11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The Keystone to your Success (ACCELERATED), March 24 2001
In my humble opinion there is no one book that will get you past the 70-240 test. It takes a combination of books and theory, hands on with the operating system, and self test. There has to be a starting point and this is it, believe me. There is enough material in this book (if you have a good understanding of NT4 and had TCP/IP and IIS4 as an elective for MCSE NT4) to pass the accelerated test. If you don't have experience with DNS and DHCP then consider Syngress' book for test 70-216.
There's my 2 cents.
Good luck and please learn the material (not the just the test)

Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster
Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster
by Jon Krakauer
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
110 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reading, July 14 2000
I would have given this book a much higher rating but I just don't think much of the autor and his actions. The other people in the book seem very brave. Such a tragedy, but then the people must have known what they were getting into by camp 1.

Marine Diesel Engines: Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repair
Marine Diesel Engines: Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repair
by Nigel Calder
19 used & new from CDN$ 9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pics and troubleshooting, June 13 2000
Pics and explainations are top notch. The troubleshooting is good too. Not to many CAT pics mostly Volvo and Perkins, still the fundamentals apply across all diesels. Very Handy

Charlie Chaplin: Modern Times
Charlie Chaplin: Modern Times
VHS
3 used & new from CDN$ 23.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for kids, May 24 2000
Kids just love the old silent movies just as much as cartoons. Expecially if there are as comic and timeless as Chaplin.

Administering Internet Information Server 4
Administering Internet Information Server 4
by Mitch Tulloch
14 used & new from CDN$ 6.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the BEST, May 17 2000
I used this book to pass the IIS exam and had absolutely no problem passing with an excellent grade. There is only one thing lacking and that is the ODBC error explainations (which can be found many places on the internet). With this book I feel confident in my abilities with IIS4.