Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions
Profile for IMAwareofGAWK > Reviews

Content by IMAwareofGAWK

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

IMAwareofGAWK

Managing Canadian Electronic Records
Managing Canadian Electronic Records
Price: CDN$ 159.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling In Every Sense, July 8 2015
I ordered the Kindle Edition, and was charged $159.00 for a publication that is full of spelling, grammar, and formatting errors, and where editor notations were left in the final copy. I own Robert F. Smallwood's Managing Electronic Records and it is an excellent book, so I was delighted to see a Canadian equivalent that discussed electronic records in a Canadian Legal Context. Imagine my disappointment when I opened the book and found this sub-standard piece of garbage. I have contacted amazon.ca and the author about the poor quality of this publication. Amazon was entirely unhelpful (what do they care, they already have my money) and I haven't heard back from the author. It looks like someone dumped a Word version of an unedited draft and uploaded it for sale. It is poorly laid out, a hodge-podge of unconnected information, and close to no discussion of requirements under provincial and municipal freedom of information or privacy acts, nor does the book even mention PIPEDA in its discussions. It focuses on very general Federal Government requirements. Considering the title of the book is Managing Canadian Electronic Records and not Managing Canadian Federal Government of Canada Electronic Records, I expected much better coverage for all 3 levels of Government as well as legislation that impacts how private sector can collect information. Save your money, this book does not do what its title suggests.

The LEGO Movie / Le Film LEGO [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
The LEGO Movie / Le Film LEGO [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Chris Pratt
Price: CDN$ 12.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot believe how laugh out loud funny this was, Aug. 3 2014
I ordered this for my niece and nephew and decided to sit with them to watch it. I cannot believe how laugh out loud funny this was. There is so much for kids and adults to enjoy about this movie. I absolutley loved it!!!! Great script, non-stop action, and a nice ending without being syrupy and preachy. This was probably on of the better movies I have seen this year...definitely on my top ten.

The Snoop Sisters: The Complete Series
The Snoop Sisters: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Helen Hayes
Price: CDN$ 31.03
19 used & new from CDN$ 19.78

4.0 out of 5 stars and I had such happy, vivid memories of the Snoop Sisters, Aug. 3 2014
This was a nostalgic indulgence for me, as I grew up watching the NBC Mystery Movie, and I had such happy, vivid memories of the Snoop Sisters. Rewatching it now, yes it is kind of cheesy, but I loved the innocence of that time. There is reason you could watch these as a family. THere is no gratutious violence. They never show the actual murder. Very often they cut to the scene post murder where an actor is lying on the floor - no blood and guts. The dialogue is witty and charming and Helen Hayes and Mildred Natwick performances are wonderfully character driven. It is fun to see all the B list and up and coming actors (who would make it big later) star in the different episodes. This is just an utterly charming and fun DVD.

Jack of All Trades: The Complete Series
Jack of All Trades: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Bruce Campbell
Price: CDN$ 25.99
24 used & new from CDN$ 20.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, frothy, fun, Dec 7 2013
By way of full disclosure I am a Bruce Campbell fan and LOVED Brisco County Jr. Jack of All Trades isn't up to the same calibre as Brisco and lacks the witty banter, quips and word play that made Briscoe so much fun to watch, and Jack Of All Trades, goes too far over the line sometimes and ventures in to Coyote/Road Runner territory. However, it is good, mindless, frothy fun and the Napolean jokes are amusing!!! Enjoyable to watch, but a bit like snacking on Cotton Candy, a good, decadent, indulgence at the time, but it doesn't really stay with you once you have consumed it.

Team America: World Police
Team America: World Police
27 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for everybody, April 13 2012
This review is from: Team America: World Police (DVD)
I watched this at a friend's house and was laughing so hard all the way through. I have ordered my own copy because it is a movie I will want to watch again and again. Yes, it is lewd and crude and so over the top as it skewers everybody and everything....but that excessiveness is kind of the point...and a big part of the satire (scenes are pushed to the outer boundary to underscore the ridiculous i.e. Sex scene, violence, power puking). I loved it but this isn't for everyone....just us cynics with a sick sense of humour