Profile for IMAwareofGAWK > Reviews

Content by IMAwareofGAWK

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

IMAwareofGAWK

The LEGO Movie / Le Film LEGO [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet] (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Will Arnett
Price: CDN$ 19.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot believe how laugh out loud funny this was, Aug. 3 2014
I ordered this for my niece and nephew and decided to sit with them to watch it. I cannot believe how laugh out loud funny this was. There is so much for kids and adults to enjoy about this movie. I absolutley loved it!!!! Great script, non-stop action, and a nice ending without being syrupy and preachy. This was probably on of the better movies I have seen this year...definitely on my top ten.

The Snoop Sisters: The Complete Series
The Snoop Sisters: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Helen Hayes
Price: CDN$ 26.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 21.47

4.0 out of 5 stars and I had such happy, vivid memories of the Snoop Sisters, Aug. 3 2014
This was a nostalgic indulgence for me, as I grew up watching the NBC Mystery Movie, and I had such happy, vivid memories of the Snoop Sisters. Rewatching it now, yes it is kind of cheesy, but I loved the innocence of that time. There is reason you could watch these as a family. THere is no gratutious violence. They never show the actual murder. Very often they cut to the scene post murder where an actor is lying on the floor - no blood and guts. The dialogue is witty and charming and Helen Hayes and Mildred Natwick performances are wonderfully character driven. It is fun to see all the B list and up and coming actors (who would make it big later) star in the different episodes. This is just an utterly charming and fun DVD.

Jack of All Trades: The Complete Series
Jack of All Trades: The Complete Series
DVD ~ DVD
Price: CDN$ 25.99
15 used & new from CDN$ 19.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, frothy, fun, Dec 7 2013
By way of full disclosure I am a Bruce Campbell fan and LOVED Brisco County Jr. Jack of All Trades isn't up to the same calibre as Brisco and lacks the witty banter, quips and word play that made Briscoe so much fun to watch, and Jack Of All Trades, goes too far over the line sometimes and ventures in to Coyote/Road Runner territory. However, it is good, mindless, frothy fun and the Napolean jokes are amusing!!! Enjoyable to watch, but a bit like snacking on Cotton Candy, a good, decadent, indulgence at the time, but it doesn't really stay with you once you have consumed it.

Team America: World Police
Team America: World Police
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for everybody, April 13 2012
This review is from: Team America: World Police (DVD)
I watched this at a friend's house and was laughing so hard all the way through. I have ordered my own copy because it is a movie I will want to watch again and again. Yes, it is lewd and crude and so over the top as it skewers everybody and everything....but that excessiveness is kind of the point...and a big part of the satire (scenes are pushed to the outer boundary to underscore the ridiculous i.e. Sex scene, violence, power puking). I loved it but this isn't for everyone....just us cynics with a sick sense of humour