Profile for HloKitty > Reviews

Content by HloKitty

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

HloKitty

Dark Lover: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
Dark Lover: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
by J. R. Ward
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.49
147 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy vampire romance!, Sept. 6 2011
I kept eyeing these books in the local bookstore and final caved into buying one. Thank goodness I did!! Such a great read. Not what I was expecting in this series and I have enjoyed it immensely. Enough sexy scenes to get you going and a storyline that's truly interesting.

This first in the series introduces you to the Black Dagger Brotherhood and their function in vampire society. The main characters feature Wrath, the semi-blind full-blooded vampire king and Beth, the daughter of a member of the brotherhood who is about to go through her change. The history and fullness of J.R. Ward's vampire world is very efficient and there is plenty of action as well. It's easy to slip into the following books of the series and the order of which brother meets his mate when is constantly surprising me. You will love these stories!!

Forbidden Pleasure
Forbidden Pleasure
by Lora Leigh
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.49
62 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Spicy and refreshing, March 24 2011
This was a great first read into this series. The sex was steamy and refreshing and the chemistry between Mac, Kei and Jethro was intriguing. Kei is clearly fighting her own desires and only at the end do you feel safe agreeing that the three of them may just have something worth fighting for.

My Neighbor Totoro (2-Disc Special Edition)
My Neighbor Totoro (2-Disc Special Edition)
DVD ~ Timothy Daly
Price: CDN$ 24.97
31 used & new from CDN$ 20.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Miss the old version, Dec 26 2010
I love this movie - particularly the artwork and animation. But I do not like the new voice over. Many of the cute sayings have changed and the voices are not as cute as the original. It's a shame that this is the only version that I can get my hands on because I would really prefer the older version. It's just not the same with these new voice-overs.

101 Music Games for Children: Fun and Learning with Rhythm and Song
101 Music Games for Children: Fun and Learning with Rhythm and Song
by Storms & Hurd
Price: CDN$ 19.50
19 used & new from CDN$ 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff for all ages, Nov. 5 2010
I ordered this book because I needed some games to play with the kindergarten in my school. I am the music teacher and there is little to no structured curriculum for the little guys. This is perfect! There are also some challenging games that I can play with the older students (school is K-6). The only criticism I would give is that it would be nice if it was rated based on appropriate age groups. Many of these games are WAY too challenging for Kindergarten to grade 2. Some are easier to modify, while others are just to difficult. Aside from the aging, there are some real jems in this book. It's great.

120 Best Known Christmas Songs: Piano/Vocal/Guitar
120 Best Known Christmas Songs: Piano/Vocal/Guitar
by Alfred Publishing St
Edition: Sheet music
Price: CDN$ 17.29
26 used & new from CDN$ 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for school!, Nov. 5 2010
This book is awesome! I'm a music teacher who's main instrument isn't the piano. The songs are all the favourites (bar a couple like Frosty) and the kids love them! I can use non-denominational ones for school and Christmas ones for sing-a-longs at home. The piano parts aren't too hard, and I love it! :)