Profile for John Wiley > Reviews

Content by John Wiley

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

John Wiley

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Chess For Dummies
Chess For Dummies
Price: CDN$ 14.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeppers, I'm the dummy,, May 21 2014
This review is from: Chess For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
I haven't played chess for 50 years and I was able to get back into it for personal entertainment now that the family is gone. A great book as all the 'Dummy' books are

Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer
Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Another hard to read Boone book,, May 21 2014
I bought the series of 5 books, simply because there was no warning that the books are for teenagers and I'm 78, and I've been reading Grisham from before he was writing even. These books were very difficult to comprehend, mostly because the first one didn't have an ending. I kept on reading them all-;), and discovered there was so much repetitiveness in each book from one to another, I don't know how a young teenager would have my patience to read them all. I am a retired entrepreneur from the print industry, from machine sales to press operator to proofreader to 2 book author myself, I admire and enjoyed John Grisham so much over the years I thought he should be aware of his proofreader? Publisher?

The Racketeer
The Racketeer
Price: CDN$ 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Frightening surprising book with a lot of twists and turns,, May 21 2014
This review is from: The Racketeer (Kindle Edition)
imagine what you wold feel like if you were in the Penitentiary for a crime you didn't commit, and had to find a way to escape.

The Confession: A Novel
The Confession: A Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable read,, May 21 2014
I was happy to learn a lot about class-action lawsuits, because I was nearly killed by our medical system and mixed up medications, I just couldn't afford to get into it. At least I know what it all entails.

Sycamore Row: A Novel
Sycamore Row: A Novel
Price: CDN$ 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed the book very much,, May 21 2014
of course it's from a wonderful author,so I had my usual four day holiday with another Grisham escape in my retirement.

The Borgias - Season Two | Uncut Edition
The Borgias - Season Two | Uncut Edition
DVD ~ Jeremy Irons
Offered by 1000Deals
Price: CDN$ 39.32
12 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the series, May 21 2014
and now have the entire series. Our priest was here for a meal and remarked that I shouldn't even have them in the house. Sorry, I'm an old man now, so Catholic religion,or all religion get off my back.

Theodore Boone: The Abduction
Theodore Boone: The Abduction
Price: CDN$ 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitiveness from previous books in the series., May 21 2014

Theodore Boone: The Accused

Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Price: CDN$ 10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Read fifty pages,, May 19 2014
I read enough pages until I couldn't read it anymore because it was too mentally abusive sexually. Ought to have for folks under 78 years of age.-;)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5