Profile for Capricious Momma > Reviews

Content by Capricious Momma

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Capricious Momma "Cindy Lou" (Hobbs, NM United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Blue Collar Comedy Tour [Import]
Blue Collar Comedy Tour [Import]
DVD ~ Jeff Foxworthy
Price: CDN$ 9.93
58 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok, this was just outright hilarious!!, Jan. 22 2004
Ok, you might be a redneck if in order to empty the trash out of your truck you speed down the highway with your tailgate down and then slam on the brakes. My friends all turned, pointed at me and laughed. Ok, so I needed to clean out my truck.
This movie is just full of laughs! I think my very favorite was Ron White and his drunken escapades! He just puts it in a light that makes even your stupidest drunk moments pale in comparison. It's too bad I haven't been able to find any Ron White stuff besides this movie.
The closing scene on stage is the best part. They all sit around and just kinda talk and it is hilarious! Bill Engvall does great jokes about his family. Jeff Foxworthy is funny as usual. The Cable Guy is a little crude, but something about him reminds me of someone that I used to know. And of course Ron White is just the bomb. I love it when he was talking about going to the lady at the front desk and asking for a wake up call at 8:00. "It's already 9:00am, sir" "I mean 8:00pm... I hear they're running 2 a day in Phoenix!" hehehe..you gotta love it!
WATCH THIS MOVIE, GIVE YOUR FRIENDS AN EXCUSE TO POINT AND LAUGH AT YOU!

Seabiscuit (Full Screen) [Import]
Seabiscuit (Full Screen) [Import]
DVD ~ Tobey Maguire
Offered by invise-canada
Price: CDN$ 7.57
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised myself by really liking it!, Jan. 22 2004
I did not want to watch this movie. I mean an old story about some horse? Didn't sound like my kind of movie. But it was a family gathering and I would have been considered rude if I had left, so I stayed and reluctantly started watching.
WOW...I am so glad that I did. This story of a heartbroken (rich) father, an excentric horse trainer, a lonely but persistent jockey and Seabiscuit (the little horse that could), will break your heart first and then raise your spirits! Even if you don't consider yourself a history buff, and you don't like horses, by the end of this movie you will be at the edge of your seat yelling "GO SEABISCUIT GO!!!" I don't know quite how they did it, but this movie will reel you in.
Perhaps it is Tobey Maguire and his beautiful smile and incredible acting. He makes you feel lonely, and hurt and skeptical, but then courageous and hopeful and brave!
Or maybe it's the way Jeff Bridges plays the heartfelt, nice "father figure" who never gives up on Seabiscuit or Maguire. Whatever it is , it works.
Watch this movie, you will love it!

How to Deal (Widescreen Sub AC3 Dol Dts) [Import]
How to Deal (Widescreen Sub AC3 Dol Dts) [Import]
DVD ~ Mandy Moore
Price: CDN$ 14.10
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars GR8 Movie for Teen Girls and Those of us who still Remember!, Jan. 22 2004
This movie is a movie that most teenage girls will be able to relate to. It looked very familiar to me and I'm not even in those years anymore. Divorce - Check, Pregnancy - Check, Death - Check, Love - Check, Raging Hormones - Check, it's all here! Mandy Moore does an excellent job as Halley a smart, funny girl with a lot of baggage. She unintentionally falls in love with Macon. Must be there to support her pregnant best friend, her lonely mother and her crazy (pot smoking) grandmother.
How to Deal is a funny and heartfelt movie. Definetly not deserving of the bad reviews, because if any of these reviewers were ever, or can remember being a teenage girl, wasn't the whole thing just an extended drama and comedy act? It was for me!

The Life of David Gale (Full Screen)
The Life of David Gale (Full Screen)
DVD ~ Kevin Spacey
Offered by Rainy Day Games
Price: CDN$ 12.99
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerfully moving drama that will keep you guessing!, Jan. 22 2004
Anyone who gives this movie less than 4 stars must have watched a different movie than I did. I found this movie to be incredibly powerful. I feel for David Gale from the very beginning when a manipulative student accuses him of rape and gets him fired. He is a death penalty abolitionist (DPA) who feels extremely devoted to his cause. Through a twist of scary coincidences his DPA partner ends up raped and killed in a horrible way, and he ends up the accused. Put on deathrow, he will not talk to anyone in the press about it until 5 days before his execution. Bitsy Bloom is then allowed the priviledged interview and led on a wild race against time to find out what really happened and prevent the execution. If you feel things deeply this movie will make you cry.
WATCH THIS INCREDIBLE MOVIE!

White Oleander (Full Screen)
White Oleander (Full Screen)
DVD ~ Michelle Pfeiffer
Offered by stephensstuff
Price: CDN$ 14.95
11 used & new from CDN$ 1.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Movie About Relationships and Emotions., Jan. 20 2004
This review is from: White Oleander (Full Screen) (DVD)
This was one incredible movie. Shown from the eyes of Astrid, it takes you on a journey of heartache and lessons. Alison Lohman does a great job acting the part of the lonely lost teenage girl. She starts the journey with her mother, comfortably dangerous Ingrid (Michelle Pfeiffer) in a comfortable home in LA. This is all upset when Ingrid poisons her boyfriend and ends up in jail. Astrid is then sent through a series of foster homes where she learns many tough lessons and is stronger after each encounter. Periodically she visits her mother in prison and grows more and more distant from her as Ingrid tries to keep control over Astrid. Pfeiffer plays Neurotic incredibly well.
Zellweger I believe does one of the best acting jobs in the whole movie as a Co-Dependent, bad acting, foster mother. This movie will take you through a rollercoaster of emotions. It deserves to be seen by everyone.
Great, powerful, dramatic movie!!

Picture Perfect (Widescreen)
Picture Perfect (Widescreen)
DVD ~ DVD
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 48.48
12 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite picture perfect, but cute none the less..., Jan. 20 2004
This review is from: Picture Perfect (Widescreen) (DVD)
Jennifer Aniston stars in this romantic comedy and does a great job at her performance. I enjoyed her acting and the acting of Jay Mohr and Kevin Bacon, but the story line could have been better. It didn't really pull on my heartstrings like a lot of other romantic comedys out there. I would compare it to that teacher you had in Junior High, you know the one that taught health (a realitively unexciting class) who was a good teacher, but years down the line you can't quite remember her name. Well this is that movie...you love Jennifer Aniston, but years down the line you won't be able to remember if you've ever seen this movie, or you will remember seeing it, but not remember the plot.
As it is, a good movie for what it's worth. Light and doesn't require a lot of thinking. I wouldn't suggest buying it, but renting might not be a bad idea.

Los Lonely Boys (Enhanced)
Los Lonely Boys (Enhanced)
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 25.61
12 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars How Far is Heaven? Well I'd say Los Lonely Boys are close!, Jan. 18 2004
This CD is just incredible. It's a good thing that I work in a music store and get exposed to stuff I would not normally pick out, because I would have never heard these guys! I was listening to this voice singing "More than Love" which is just gorgeous. Anyway, the whole CD took me completely by surprise. I really like it! All my coworkers spent a lot of time laughing at me trying to sing "Senorita", since I don't speak a Lick of Spanish.
Excellent Vocals, Excellent Latin Beat, Great bluesy feel, and Great Guitar work!
Get it and see for yourself!

Coverage
Coverage
Offered by dodax-online
Price: CDN$ 16.43
27 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocked when I discovered I was listening to Mandy Moore!, Jan. 18 2004
This review is from: Coverage (Audio CD)
I work in a music, book and video store and every month they play 5 new albums over the loud speaker. I heard this beautiful voice singing "Moon Shadow" and then later "Anticipation", which are two of my favorite older songs. I remember thinking "I don't recognize that voice, I wonder who it is?" I approached the music manager and asked him. "Oh, that's Mandy Moore's new CD," he replied. WOW, I am impressed! She has matured sooo much and her voice is just pure and gorgeous.
This entire CD is great! I have a personal favorite though. I just LOVE "Senses Working Overtime"....you'll catch yourself singing "And I've got 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 senses working overtime..."
Mother and Daughter alike will love this album! So buy it and share a copy today, or hey? Why not get two!

Life For Rent
Life For Rent
Price: CDN$ 6.50
54 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A good CD...her voice is as haunting as ever!, Jan. 13 2004
This review is from: Life For Rent (Audio CD)
I think Dido could sing "Ring around the rosie" and it would sound great! She's got such a unique voice, and it shows well on this album.
The better songs on the album are:
1. White Flag (a song of undying devotion) was the first single on this album released and it is very catchy and I love the lyrics.
3. Life for Rent {an introspective look at a halted life) has very powerful lyrics, and it's a song most people will be able to relate to. "...when I am so afraid to fail so I won't even try..."
4. Mary's in india is a great song about a woman leaving her husband and how that the singer ends up with the husband and everything works out well. The tune is beautiful, you will be humming it all day.
7. Who makes you feel is such a cool sounding song (ala SLIDE on No Angel) it's got a lot of interesting background stuff going, while showing off the pure quality of Didos voice.
8. Sand in my Shoe can be related to by anyone who wanted to get away from it all and then had to come back home after an enjoyable vacation. It's got some romance in it too...must have been a summer fling thing.
The whole album is well done, but I didn't give it 5 stars because it's not quite as good as NO ANGEL. But it's one worth owning!
Buy it and you won't regret it!

When Harry Met Sally (Special Edition)
When Harry Met Sally (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Billy Crystal
Offered by Warehouse105
Price: CDN$ 6.96
50 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wondering Why This Stuff Doesn't Happen to Me!, Jan. 11 2004
When Harry Met Sally is absolutely one of the best "Chick Flicks" I have ever seen! It leaves me wondering why this can't happen to me. I have had plenty of guy friends whom I've thought I was falling in love with, but the second sex gets involved it's out the window.
This is the story of Harry and Sally and what happens when good friends cross the line. Only in their story it ends well. Very funny movie.
Some classic lines come out of it. Do you recognize "You do realize we can never be friends. Men and Women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way." or "Ohh, YES YES YES..." to which one replies "I'll have what she's having." This movie is timeless and will be enjoyed for many generations to come! FABULOUS!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5