Profile for Sleepy Youko > Reviews

Content by Sleepy Youko

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Sleepy Youko (Seattle (kent) Wa. USA)

The Santa Clause 2 (Bilingual)
The Santa Clause 2 (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Tim Allen
Price: CDN$ 14.99
39 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, yes semi-disapointed in the 2nd, hopefull for the 3rd., May 17 2004
Now, I'm a full blooded Christmas fan (my birthday is Dec. 20th) So I know first hand what I like to see in a X-mas movie. The first Santa Clause was wonderfully charming, the elves were cute and held a certain air about them that screamed "Holidays!! Whoo!..Now get back to work!!" and I simply adored Tim Allen as Santa Clause he gave a fun air to the film that made me rush out and buy it asap.
So of course many ayear later when I heard about a 2nd one you can bet your bottom dollar I was that teenager in the front row giggling at Clone-clause, as soon as the movie started
I found myself amused (well...most of the time.) by the movie.
It had funny and touching moments, it had a few good new characters. I.e. the tooth fairy, Father time, mother nature and clone-clause. And a few not so good ones. I.e. Cupit, Cutis, the easter bunny, Comet...
But what I found myself most disapointed in was the old characters themselfs!! They seem've changed so much within what ohh, 6-8 years? Charlie was a reble? Laura and Neil were bland worring parents and the elves?!
Oh god don't get me started on the elves! I missed Judy! and the old costumes and set and I hated Curtis' mood swings!
As for Bernard? where did my gruff, protective big brother elf go? Now he's winny, pensive and unsure of hiself? Come on!
Now...I understand that David K. (Bernard) Was only 16 when he played the role in the first movie and that he was 24 in the 2nd but come on!! Why did the director have them change so much? Oooohh yeah a little birdy told me about him (Check out interviews with him on google for yourselfs) and that birdy told me he had a meeting with Tim Allen and had him change the other actors view points on their characters, you know, make them a little disney-er? Not sure if its true, watch the DVD for yourselfs and tell me if you like him on the set I sure didn't.
Over all:
I WAS disapointed in the 2nd movie, I held more hope that the characters and movie world/set would stay the same but it didn't, and I was highly upset by the new Comet, but over all. If your a fan of the first, check out the 2nd and see for yourselfs. As for me? I hold hope tight in my heart that the third and forth will be golden, after all, its the same crew/director that did the first and I'm hoping that somewhere out there Tim Allen and David K. along with the rest of the crew will find it in their hearts to dig out the old Santa Clause characters they played in the first one.
For I sure do miss em.
For more on Santa Clause 3, 4 the movie check out Google with the keywords:
"Santa Clause the movie 3 4"
Happy Holidays.