Profile for wayne > Reviews

Content by wayne

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

wayne

Web Design on a Shoestring
Web Design on a Shoestring
by Carrie Bickner
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of great info in such a small book., Nov. 18 2003
For me Ms. Bickner breaks no new ground in this book. However, the compilation of all this info in one place makes it so convenient and very useful. If you work on small budget web dev/design projects you owe it to yourself to keep this book within arms reach. Her thoughts on developing a project plan are great as are the content management tips. This book belongs on your desk.

Offcell Ks
Offcell Ks
Price: CDN$ 39.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 34.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Great, June 21 2003
This review is from: Offcell Ks (Audio CD)
Isn't an EP like this just giving us bad news in a nice way? It's a clear sign that we're a ways away from seeing a full album of new material when a band releases an EP like this.
I'm a huge Pinback fan, but can't blindly give Offcell all five stars. How about one star for each good song?!
The title track is just couple of recycled rifs from older Pinback songs. On the flip side, the 11 minute "grey machine" is amazing and worth the price of this disc all by its self. One of their best songs ever! The song "b" isn't far behind.
If your a fan, this is a must have. If not, get "Blue Screen Life" or "This is a Pinback CD"

On And On
On And On
Price: CDN$ 16.47
48 used & new from CDN$ 2.82

5.0 out of 5 stars More great ckillin' music from JJ, May 6 2003
This review is from: On And On (Audio CD)
I really dislike the comparisons to Donovan Lovin' Spoonful. Jack Johnson has surpassed them both combined in number of good songs. I think Donavan had 4. Anyway... Jack plays sober and actually has something to say that's worth hearing. And even more so... he makes it awfully easy to listen to. Rolling Stone said this album was to mellow and similar too Brushfire Fairytales. Boy, am I glad it is. But there is plenty of growth for this to be a great CD. It is, simply, some of the best chillin' music I've ever heard. Period.

Pinback
Pinback
Price: CDN$ 44.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Genius!!!, Sept. 8 2000
This review is from: Pinback (Audio CD)
I humm these tunes in the shower. I sing them as I drive to work. I listen to them with headphones to start my day. Every single time I play this disc, either at work or at home, everyone wants to know who it is. It's infectious!!!

Lactose Adept
Lactose Adept
Price: CDN$ 62.53
5 used & new from CDN$ 57.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Even for Mr. Crow, this is out to lunch!!!, Aug. 25 2000
This review is from: Lactose Adept (Audio CD)
If you don't know about Rob Crow's stuff *don't buy this disk you will hate it* go buy Thingy or Heavy Vegetable or Pinback!
However if your already a Crow fan, you may just *get it*. This is disc is off the wall, which is both good and bad. While the songs are about nothing and go nowhere, Crow can make a great melody with a pile of dung. There is no end to his simple genius.