Profile for K. Perez > Reviews

Content by K. Perez

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K. Perez "Karina" (Toronto, Canada)

Infestissumam (Deluxe Edition)
Infestissumam (Deluxe Edition)
Price: CDN$ 13.93
32 used & new from CDN$ 4.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you didn't know you wanted, Jan. 20 2014
The groove is deep, the guitar riffs both heavy and layered, the lyrics smart and vile all at once. When someone mentions "Satanic metal" and then you hear this you'll suddenly find yourself singing some pretty Satanic verses. It's not like anything else I listed to, and it's totally catch and addictive. It's not for everyone, but if you keep an open mind you'll be guaranteed to really love it.

Mosh Potatoes: Recipes, Anecdotes, and Mayhem from the Heavyweights of Heavy Metal
by Steve Seabury
Price: CDN$ 13.71
49 used & new from CDN$ 3.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the most fun cookbook in my kitchen!, Dec 14 2010
This is by far the most fun cookbook in my kitch! With recipes from some of my favourite guys including but not limited to Johnny Kelly (from Type O Negative) and Alex Skolnick (from Testament). Even if you'd like something with strictly a vegetarian/vegan flair you can find it here. The Jason Becker hummas recipe kicks butt. If you've got someone on your gift giving list that loves this kind of music you really need to pick it up, it's a bargain and it's absolutely well worth it - if for nothing else than the fun antidotes and good wholesome food. :)

Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir
Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir
by Dave Mustaine
Price: CDN$ 20.05
33 used & new from CDN$ 5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Mustaine at his candid, honest best, Dec 14 2010
I began to devour this book while waiting in line to meet Dave and have him sign my copy at a book signing in Toronto in July. Very quickly it was evident this memoir is written from a place of candor, humor, humility and honesty that I was both surprised at and appreciative of. After all, the Dave Mustaine of my youth was a balsy mouthpiece with a sneer that could send you running for the hills and melt your heart at once (if you were an impressionable teenaged girl who loved Metal that is).

This memoir is like having a conversation with a friend. The stories shared don't come across from a place of bragging or boasting, but from a place of experience, and sometimes veer into quite emotional and serious areas. Luckily though some tales told can also be both crude and funny at once, and it really feels like the words are falling from Dave's own lips. I found it a very deeply insightful look into both an amazing creature and a flawed man, he's human just like the rest of us. Huh, who knew? In the epic percieved battle of Megadeth vs. Metallica I think everyone will enjoy this look into both Dave's life and his thought process. I was a Metallica fan for many years, with only brief flirts of Megadeth in my musical landscape. Reading this memoir has absolutely made me a bigger fan of Mustaine and his life's work.....Megadeth. I thank God every day he got kicked out of Metallica - because without THAT part of his life we wouldn't have Megadeth.

I've now read the book twice and still adore it. Go get it!

by Christina Binkley
Price: CDN$ 27.19
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Winner Takes All: Steve Wynn, Kirk Kerkorian, Gary Loveman, and the Race to Own Las Vegas, Feb. 9 2009
Good read for anyone interested in recent Vegas history like myself. Goes in-depth about many of the main players that made modern Vegas what it is today. Wish it focussed a little less on the alleged temper tantrums of Steve Wynn, and stuck to the facts of the developments he spear-headed. Steve Wynn may be no angel, but he's still my favourite mogul.