march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis sports Music Deals Store Tools ca_ty_gno
Profile for Ben > Reviews

Content by Ben

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Ben

Cbus Wireless Hot Pink Silicone Case / Skin / Cover for LG Nexus 4
Cbus Wireless Hot Pink Silicone Case / Skin / Cover for LG Nexus 4
Offered by Cbus Wireless
Price: CDN$ 1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, great price., Feb. 8 2016
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this case. It's a perfect fit, nice material and buttons are really easy to use. I have to pop it off to charge the phone, but it's easy to remove and put back on. For the, like four dollars that I spent, shipping included, I'm impressed. You could easily spend $20 on a case like this.

Signstek 1500ML LED Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser Humidifier Aromatherapy Air Purifier Mist 7 Colors Changings
Offered by Maple leaf
Price: CDN$ 37.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great humidifier and diffuser, love the large capacity and variable control., Feb. 4 2016
Although not quite as attractive as some of the other humidifier/diffusers out there, it works very well. One of the coolest things about it is that you actually get an analog control dial to control how fast you want it to evaporate stuff. On low it makes a nice little puff of steam, and (because of the large capacity tank) it'll go for ages. I haven't timed it, but I've let it run all day, and still had a significant amount of water left. On high it makes a nice big cloud of steam and goes for a few hours - but going through all 1.5 litres of water in a few hours means you'll actually get a significant humidifying effect.

It also works really well diffusing essential oils. Some oils work better than others, but that just depends on how strong a scent the oil has to begin with. Just a couple drops of pure geranium essential oil, and you get hours of scent. They do tend to linger though, so if you want to get the scent out completely, you might have to scrub it down real good.

I also tried putting some floral water in it, and although the apartment smelled magnificent, it seemed to clog up the vaporizer or something... it stopped working very well for a few days, but eventually I got it all cleaned out (took several tries) and now it's working well again. I don't recommend it. I won't hold that against it at all though, since it never said it could do floral waters in the first place.

The only thing I find mildly annoying is the power indicator light is really bright. At night, it turns the whole room blue, unless I cover it up with a sock or something.

Also, if you plan to use the night light feature, you might want to know it only has one setting: cycle through all colours, about 5 seconds each colour, (and off, of course.) I don't really use the night light feature much, but if I did, I would want more settings.

Imaginaerum
Imaginaerum
Price: CDN$ 15.00
32 used & new from CDN$ 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightwish Continues to Out-Do Themselves!, Feb. 6 2012
This review is from: Imaginaerum (Audio CD)
While still retaining many of their classic signatures like their orchestra-backed head-banging grunge riffs, the band has ventured into new territory with the "twisted circus" theatrics of "Scaretale," the slow jazz-y number "Slow, Love, Slow," the traditional Celtic dance interlude of "I Want My Tears Back," and the moving speech section (Including several different voices) of "Song of Myself." There are also one or two more slow songs than usual, but most tracks still rock as hard as ever. The lyrics have moved from their classic fantasy themes to being more filled with deep and profound meanings and messages, like "Last Ride of the Day:" "We live in every moment but this one/Why don't we recognize the faces loving us so/What is God if not the spark that started life/Smile of a stranger/Sweet music, starry skies..." Overall, the album is a complete masterpiece in my opinion, and I'm positively bouncing with excitement for the movie.