ARRAY(0xbb1625a0)

Profile for Nancy L. Woodard > Reviews

Content by Nancy L. Woodard

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Nancy L. Woodard (Bryson City, NC)

Cry No More
Cry No More
by Linda Howard
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 8.54
99 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, June 29 2004
You know you have read a great book when you turn around and start over again just in case you missed something. This book was the best. Yes it made me cry, but it was realistic in how she felt. The only thing I ask is that Linda Howard writes Zack's story next if she hasn't already. I'll be looking for it.

Out Of The Dark
Out Of The Dark
by Sharon Sala
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
61 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Read with caution, Nov. 17 2003
I am a very big fan of Sharon Sala's and I love her books. However, I would read this book with caution. Take to heart that this book is about a difficult subject and is rather depressing. I know that child abuse happens, but this book is just sad. The book starts out slowly and seems to really be building the characters and then wham everything just starts happening and then it's over. I could get past the time issue with the Vietnam War having been over by 1977 even though that bugged me in the beginning, but it's hard to get past the idea that so much could happen to one person so quickly as this book does that Jade would feel capable of having a relationship with a man she only met a few days ago. I've been trying to rationalize the reality of this in my head and just can't do it. I think a person would need some serious therapy first. These things bugged me about the book, but I could get past that. What I found hard to read about this book is that I have a four year old daughter and more than hating what the men did to Jade I truely hated the mother. I think the book should have had a little more focus towards the mother's roll in all that she obviously did wrong. She just died and nothing else was dealt with about her. That's what bugged me most of all. Then Jade's only life line through everything dies horribly and painfully from AIDS, the only saving grace about that situation was his revenge on the killer. All in all it's a good book, but could be better and any mother that can't stand someone who isn't also a good mother, but isn't made out to be a bad mother will probably have a hard time with this book.