Profile for Steve P > Reviews

Content by Steve P

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Steve P

The Essentials: Chord Charts, Seales, and Lead Patterns for Guitar
The Essentials: Chord Charts, Seales, and Lead Patterns for Guitar
by Bruce Arnold
7 used & new from CDN$ 29.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Beginnings, June 30 2004
Recently got First Stage Guitar Chord Chart by Chris Lopez and Essentials by Bruce Arnold. I'm a weekend geetar picker just getting started. I'm mostly interested in learning chords and scales. I thought both books were good they both gave simple presentations of the most important chords and scales. Essentials has an interesting quark in that you can download videos and mp3 files that go with various parts of the book. I found the mp3 files to be very useful to jam over but I'm over here on a dial up connection so couldn't use the video stuff that much. One thing I did watch though was movies about common problems found with each chord. It showed me all the common problems people have when learning chords and I thought that was pretty cool. Ya really can't go wrong with either book though - they lay everything out very clearly and are enjoyable to work with.

The First Stage Guitar Chord Chart: Learn How to Play the Most Commonly Played Guitar Chords!
by Chris Lopez