Profile for discriminating shopper > Reviews

Content by discriminating...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

discriminating shopper (Nipigon, Ontario Canada)

The Laundress Darks Detergent, Classic, 33.3-Ounce Bottle
The Laundress Darks Detergent, Classic, 33.3-Ounce Bottle
Price: CDN$ 18.93
2 used & new from CDN$ 18.93

5.0 out of 5 stars This is for discriminating people--the scent is addictive and products superlative, July 13 2014
Despite other comments, the scent is not overpowering and I love it. It is not floral nor does it smell like the cloyingly sweet smell of Gain or fabric softeners. The men in my house love it, and so do I. The detergent does not fade colors, is very concentrated and therefore a little goes a long way. I have tried so many main stream big corporation detergents, and other smaller companies, but in all honesty, this is the best. And that applies to all of the skus in the line--classic, whites, etc...

BIG HUNGRY BEAR BOARD BOOK
BIG HUNGRY BEAR BOARD BOOK
by Don Wood
Edition: Board book
Price: CDN$ 7.59
80 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be part of all children's libraries., July 11 2014
A Classic tale. Children love this story. I give it as presents all the time.I have bought at least 20 copies to give away as presents over the years.

I Am a Bunny
I Am a Bunny
by Ole Risom
Edition: Board book
Price: CDN$ 8.54
115 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic tale that has stood the test of time.,We have memorized forever., July 11 2014
This review is from: I Am a Bunny (Board book)
A classic children's tale. Read to my two sons 27 and 29 years ago and it is still appealing to today's children. Your little reader's will love Nicholas and learn about the seasons of nature and have fun identifying various animals in the tale. I always keep several copies on hand to give one to new parents.

The Laundress Signature Detergent, Classic, 33.3-Ounce Bottle
The Laundress Signature Detergent, Classic, 33.3-Ounce Bottle
Price: CDN$ 20.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you try it you are hooked., July 11 2014
outstanding product. Very concentrated. Love the scent. Superior cleaning. Repeat purchaser of this product.

The Laundress Stain Solution, Unscented, 16-Ounce
The Laundress Stain Solution, Unscented, 16-Ounce
Price: CDN$ 15.25
2 used & new from CDN$ 15.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money.works great, July 11 2014
Works like a charm. Very concentrated. Excellent on mens collars and armpits, but removes many other notoriously hard to remove stains as well. I took a deep breath because of the price, but actually I am totally sold on the whole Laundress Line now. They are awesome products.

The Laundress Whites Detergent, Classic, 33.3-Ounce Bottle
The Laundress Whites Detergent, Classic, 33.3-Ounce Bottle
Price: CDN$ 19.65

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a superior product!, July 6 2014
This is a superior product!!! I read about it in a magazine/then online and decided to give it a try. I pride myself as being somewhat of a 50's style domestic maven who excels at the treatment of clothing in the laundry room. I am amazed at how well this washes white t shirts and combined with the stain remover it is well worth the price. Plus the fragrance is very very addictive. I am reordering this.

Rumble - Vanilla Maple (12 pack)
Rumble - Vanilla Maple (12 pack)
Offered by Rumble Drinks
Price: CDN$ 46.00

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome healthy drink, March 26 2014
I like this product because it does not have artificial additives such as the ones found in Ensure and it has many healthy ingredients all in one source. I have a chronic disease (severe Crohn's) and have had to rely on liquid supplementation many days. Although the protein in Rumble comes from milk, I have not found it to bother me. There is no funny aftertaste. I really like the vanilla maple flavour. The drink makes me feel energized and keeps me feeling full for a few hours. I feel better already after using this for only a week. I completely and absolutely recommend it for everyone.

The Lacuna
The Lacuna
by Barbara Kingsolver
Price: CDN$ 22.04
15 used & new from CDN$ 3.35

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, Jan. 10 2010
This review is from: The Lacuna (Hardcover)
The Lacuna fails. The vividly described imagery of the natural world, so present in her previous novels, is counterpointed with an urban landscape. It does not work. The story line is disjointed and does not flow. The dialogue is a messy stew of dialect and English and while this is meant to make the setting authentic, all it does is confuse the reader. It will be the first Kingsolver book I will not buy in hardcover. Very glad to have borrowed it from the library. Kingsolver was obviously trying something different. It is a no go for me.