Profile for sharon > Reviews

Content by sharon

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

sharon

Skagen Women's 817SBLBC1 Quartz Ceramic Mother-Of-Pearl Dial Watch
Skagen Women's 817SBLBC1 Quartz Ceramic Mother-Of-Pearl Dial Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek and sexy in a punk rocker sort of way., Oct. 21 2014
This is a very sleek watch. It is darker than posted, but is feminine in a kind of punk rock sort of way. The face is gorgeous. The band is sparkly. It's a nice light watch. The only thing that would add to it would be an indigo feature. Still great for darker outfits!

Lucien Piccard Women's LP-12545-22MOP Taney Analog Display Quartz Silver Watch
Lucien Piccard Women's LP-12545-22MOP Taney Analog Display Quartz Silver Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful new addition to my collection!, Oct. 21 2014
This is a beautiful watch. I bought it to replace a Nixon with a similar Mother of Pearl face. But I actually like this one better. It fits great (there is extra length, so you can adjust--for me the bigger the better). It is a little heavy, but it is a nice weight, especially if you like to wear your watch loose. I was worried that the settings might be cheap, but they are not. I doubt I will lose any of the quartz, any time soon. It has a wonderful shimmer in the sun and looks very nice. The band is made of alternating brushed and polished metal. Over all, it is now one of my favourite watches! I was a little skeptical because I was saving like $500 and some of the other reviews of other watches by Lucien Piccard mentioned cheapness, but I think the $50 spent was well worth it! (no matter the catch... well unless it stops working). I'd say, maybe it's just old stock (2011) and they are trying to re-coup the materials? Who knows?

Anyway, beautiful watch.

Growing up in a Korean Kitchen: A Cookbook
Growing up in a Korean Kitchen: A Cookbook
by Hi Soo Shin Hepinstall
Price: CDN$ 23.82
33 used & new from CDN$ 23.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, disappointing presentation, Oct. 2 2014
If you can read Korean, or are familiar with the contemporary re-imaginings of these dishes, this book might be a disappointment. The Korean names are anglicized, and sometimes with confusing titles. While the recipes are delightful, there isn't a lot of detail. The index is also in the anglicized names of the dishes, not the Korean. If you are looking for "bibimbap" you have to look under "Rice with vegetables and meat." Great resource, but disappointing presentation.