Profile for DottyG > Reviews

Content by DottyG

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

DottyG

Roadside Geology of Texas
Roadside Geology of Texas
by Darwin Spearing
Price: CDN$ 25.31
32 used & new from CDN$ 2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 3 2002
This book is very easy to read and understand - even by someone who knows nothing about geology! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to know more about the geological beauty of the beautiful state of Texas!

Eating Well for Optimum Health: The Essential Guide to Food, Diet, and Nutrition
by Andrew Weil M.D.
94 used & new from CDN$ 0.15

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, May 3 2002
I bought this book in hopes that I would have a good reference for healthy eating. Instead, it seems more of a "commercial" for Dr. Weil.
And, his way of eating is not practical. His philosophy is to never use anything processed or from the grocery store. Fine if you live on a farm where you can organically grow your own food, but some of us live hectic lives in big cities. Give us advice that real humans in the 21st century can use - not something left over from the '60's.
I don't recommend this one. There are other books out there that you can buy that are more geared towards healthy eating in today's world.

V1 Ministry Years
V1 Ministry Years
Price: CDN$ 23.00
19 used & new from CDN$ 15.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful!, May 3 2002
This review is from: V1 Ministry Years (Audio CD)
Keith Green's music cannot help but inspire, convict, and draw you in. We lost an incredible talent when he died, but the music that he gave us will continue to give us something to hold onto for years to come.
I'm glad to see that this collection is still available for purchase, and I hope it continues to be on the shelves. It contains some of Keith's very best. Play it whenever you need a good dose of Jesus' love and encouragement, because you'll definitely find it on this set of CDs.
I highly recommend this one. Get it for your friends and family members, too.