Profile for Bryan Rosengarten > Reviews

Content by Bryan Rosengarten

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Bryan Rosengarten (Seminole, FL)

Southern Accents
Southern Accents
Price: CDN$ 7.04
29 used & new from CDN$ 3.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Triggers Wonderful Memories, Sept. 24 2003
This review is from: Southern Accents (Audio CD)
I grew up in Florida and went to school in Gainesville (University of Florida). Every DJ loved to mention that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were "Homegrown" music. Even though the cliche was way over used, when I put this album on and blasted "Southern Accents", the only thing I ever thought of was Gainesville and the South (no matter where I was).
The entire album is fantastic, but the shiner on here is the title track. Cash thought so and so do I. Feelin an itch to be in South, put on this album. Now, if I can just get it back from my friend who has had it for the last 10 months.

All Quiet on the Western Front (Full Screen)
All Quiet on the Western Front (Full Screen)
DVD ~ Lew Ayres
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 45.55
11 used & new from CDN$ 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars War...What is it good for?, Aug. 7 2003
I am going through a phase where I want to see every movie that the so-called Academy granted "Best Picture". This film won in 1929 and I think was the third such feauture to receive this honor. The quality of the DVD is good when you think of how old the film is. The poor quality that arrives at times adds to the history of the film and film making in general. I wouldn't watch it without it.
This is a war film that makes no claims to be anything else. It brings to life the realistc brutality, comradeship and emotional strains involved with living on the battlefield. The film makers did a tremendous job on recreating war in France while filming just outside Hollywood. The explosives are real. Turn up the volume. The non-stop bombing might just begin to brush your nerves as if you were there.

Oh, Inverted World
Oh, Inverted World
Price: CDN$ 19.23
34 used & new from CDN$ 3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Surfing in psychedelia, July 29 2003
This review is from: Oh, Inverted World (Audio CD)
Don't tell me nothing good can't come out of New Mexico. I hear the Beach Boys, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Samples. Enough comparison? If you like good melodies, pretty sounds and fantastic songwriting buy this disc.

The Iowa Baseball Confederacy: A Novel
The Iowa Baseball Confederacy: A Novel
by W. P. Kinsella
24 used & new from CDN$ 3.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Baseball Fever, July 29 2003
It normally takes me a month or more to finish a book due to time constraints and a busy schedule, but I cruised through this one in about a week. I don't want to give anything away so I won't speak of plot summary. If you like baseball, magic, and craziness, this book is for you.
This was my first Kinsella book. I bought Shoeless Joe half way through and I can't wait to read it. Then, I will finally break down and see "Field of Dreams".