ARRAY(0x9fca493c)

Profile for David J. Sutherland > Reviews

Content by David J. Suthe...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

David J. Sutherland "Daver" (Regina SK Canada)

Nite Ize LSB4-01-R3 S-Biner Slide Lock, Black
Nite Ize LSB4-01-R3 S-Biner Slide Lock, Black
Price: CDN$ 4.39
2 used & new from CDN$ 4.39

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Really Good & It Works, April 4 2014
They should make a smaller version of this though as it is a bit big. But it's good and it works. No BS.

Bathroom Safe Heater Fan
Bathroom Safe Heater Fan
3 used & new from CDN$ 80.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Heater, Feb. 21 2013
This review is from: Bathroom Safe Heater Fan (Misc.)
This is a good heater. I like how it monitors the temperature and shuts off automatically too. I would give it 5 stars but I'll just note 2 small things that a potential purchaser should know:

1. Temperature is in Fahrenheit only. This isn't a big deal but it would be nice to pick Celcius if I wanted.
2. The minimum temperature for the autoshut off feature is 65F which is 18.33C. It would be nicer if it went to 60F I think.

For value buyers, I found this to be a better value than the Dyson options. This heater seemed just about as good but more economical.

Nest Learning Thermostat - 1st Generation T100577
Nest Learning Thermostat - 1st Generation T100577

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Impressed, Dec 2 2012
I bought this when is was on sale a week or two ago and installed it yesterday and I have to say that I'm really impressed. It looks great, it's easy to install and operate and I feel it's already doing a good job of reliably keep the temperature steady in the house and is learning to cool off at night. I can post more info later on how it works over time but my early impression is very positive.

Brand New Genuine OEM Toshiba Keyboard for Toshiba Satellite A100 Laptop / Notebook PC Computer [ Merchant & Seller: Micro_Power_Source ( MPS ) ]
Offered by Micro_Power_Source
Price: CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product & Good Seller, May 19 2012
This keyboard is a solid replacement for those looking to replace their old laptop keyboard. The keys have a good solid feel about them.

I should also mention that the seller of this product, Micro Power Source (M.P.S.), was excellent to deal with too. They are helpful, trust worthy and reliable. A pleasure to do business with.

Citizen Men's BV1060-15E Strap Eco-Drive Black Dial Watch
Citizen Men's BV1060-15E Strap Eco-Drive Black Dial Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, April 8 2012
This watch has been a good, accurate watch since I bought it. It's simple, elegant looking and I like that it's solar and won't ever need a battery change. If you are looking for a nice, reliable watch you don't have to look any further.

FOCUS Matcha Green Tea - Japanese Ceremonial Matcha - 30g tin
FOCUS Matcha Green Tea - Japanese Ceremonial Matcha - 30g tin

4.0 out of 5 stars Matcha Tea - Good But Pricey, Nov. 21 2011
I have enjoyed drinking Matcha tea lately. It is quite good and green tea fans will enjoy it. However, it is an expensive product so I would drink it sparingly or on special occasions. That's probably why it's marketed as a ceremonial tea in the first place. So, while I do recommend this tea remember that if you do purchase it, don't be overly surprised at how small 30g really is.

Invicta Men's 6002 Pilot Collection Stainless Steel Black Leather Chronograph Watch

1.0 out of 5 stars Revised Review - This Invicta Watch is Crap, Oct. 4 2010
Originally I wrote a good review for this product but within the last week I noticed that the chronometer stopped reseting properly. Just inside of 60 days since I first ordered it. I went to the Invicta site and I'm expected to pay $28 in shipping and handling to have it fixed and wait up to 90 days for the fix even though it's on warranty. I also can't return it to Amazon since this started happening outside of their 30 day return window. You should also know that I didn't drop this watch or mishandle it in any fashion. Naturally you have to accept my word on this last bit but I suppose I can do a video review showing that the seconds counter chronometer doesn't reset properly. Perhaps I'd better do that.

In sum, just don't but this watch and I can't honestly recommend the purchase of an Invicta watch.

Original Review Which I'm Retracting:

I bought this watch a few weeks ago as a nice dressy watch to wear and also because I was tired of getting my cell phone out of my back pocket every time I wanted to know the time quickly (I'm lazy, I know). This watch looked very nice and had a big savings so I bought it. It is heavy and it has quite a large face so if you're the kind of person that likes small slim watches this isn't for you. Personally though, I like the weight, the large analog face and the blue back colour and the leather strap. The fact that it's very simple is also a small blessing since I've always hated the digital watches where pressing a series of buttons all around the face always seemed to produce some random result which was never really what you wanted. So in short, if you like a simple, weighty and elegant looking watch, I would recommend this watch.

Five Roses
Five Roses
Price: CDN$ 15.23
17 used & new from CDN$ 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, April 3 2008
This review is from: Five Roses (Audio CD)
I listened to the track Poetaster on CBC in December and decided to get the CD. The whole work is really a joy to listen to. What a find. I think Jowi Taylor picked the track. I recommend it and if you buy it I'm sure you won't regret it.