Profile for David J. Sutherland > Reviews

Content by David J. Suthe...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

David J. Sutherland "Daver" (Regina SK Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Weber 1481001 Performer Platinum Charcoal Grill, Black
Weber 1481001 Performer Platinum Charcoal Grill, Black
Price: CDN$ 399.00
5 used & new from CDN$ 399.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Charcoal BBQ, Sept. 21 2014
I think it's a great bbq. It's mobile, has charcoal storage and a nice sized working table. The propane lighter works well and it has a big cooking surface and once the coals get going it can get really hot (500+ F). If you are an amateur bbq cook looking for a solid charcoal bbq to work with, I'd say this is perfect. If you're a pro, you might feel the need to get a komodo ceramic bbq but that's probably overkill if you're just looking for a good charcoal bbq to work with. A small negative might be that the smaller casters could be a little bigger to make outdoor movement a little easier but that's no biggie. Overall it's very well designed.

NSD Powerball Essential Spinner Gyroscopic Wrist and Forearm Exerciser, Blue
NSD Powerball Essential Spinner Gyroscopic Wrist and Forearm Exerciser, Blue
Price: CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Exerciser, Aug. 22 2014
The powerball is a really great exerciser that gives your arms a good workout. I do 6 minutes on each arm every few days and it works my arms really hard. I really liked this one, so much that I bought 2 (one for home and one for my office) but I can see the benefit of having a powerball with a times and that keeps track of rpm. Still, if you are diligent and keep the exercise up on a consistent basis, this version of the powerball is good enough.

Hitachi DS18DSAL 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Drill/Driver
Hitachi DS18DSAL 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Drill/Driver
Price: CDN$ 168.63
5 used & new from CDN$ 168.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Drill I've Ever Had, June 26 2014
This drill is great. It's light, has great power, the variable speed trigger control allows you to easily control the speed of the chuck. It really is a great drill. I didn't think the light would be very useful but I've already been surprised that I ended up using it to provide light for some under counter and light switch work in my kitchen. It's flat base made for good stable light source when I was working. Normally I would have worn a headset light but light ended up being really useful. I'll admit my old cordless drill was really hold so that may be why I'm so amazed by this drill but I have to say I really am impressed. If you have an old cordless drill that needs replacing, I sincerely recommend this as a replacement. It's great.

Toro 51609 Ultra 12 Amp Variable-Speed up to 235 Electric Blower/Vacuum with Metal Impeller
Price: CDN$ 89.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Electric Blower / Vacuum, June 11 2014
This electric blower / vacuum is a Consumer Reports Best Buy and I agree that it's much more powerful than my last electric blower. It's really very close to 5 stars (so it gets it) but I've found the handle isn't very ergonomic, making it awkward lugging around the bag when vacuuming. Other than that, I really like it and it's super great for blowing out eavestroughs.

NSD Powerball Essential Spinner Gyroscopic Wrist and Forearm Exerciser, Amber
NSD Powerball Essential Spinner Gyroscopic Wrist and Forearm Exerciser, Amber
Price: CDN$ 20.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Wrist Exerciser, May 27 2014
I got this wrist exerciser to strengthen my wrist for squash and I think it's working well. I checked a scientific publication (can't find the link now) that reported a 109% increase in endurance and 15% increase in strength after a month of use. I have been using it close to that long a few times a week and while I may not have seen a 109% increase in endurance yet, my backhand is quite a bit stronger and more reliable.

Finis Men's Jammer Swim Suit, Size 32 (Black)
Finis Men's Jammer Swim Suit, Size 32 (Black)
Price: CDN$ 32.53
8 used & new from CDN$ 32.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Swim Suit with a Couple Caveats, May 12 2014
They're good shorts but I found they fit tight and a little low on my hips. At first they are tight around the thigh too but that loosens with use. Other than than those item's I've enjoyed practicing with them and I've found them to be a good value and a good product. So you will like them provided you get a good fit.

Nite Ize LSB4-01-R3 S-Biner Slide Lock, Black
Nite Ize LSB4-01-R3 S-Biner Slide Lock, Black
Price: CDN$ 4.39
8 used & new from CDN$ 4.39

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Really Good & It Works, April 4 2014
They should make a smaller version of this though as it is a bit big. But it's good and it works. No BS.

Bathroom Safe Heater Fan
Bathroom Safe Heater Fan
Offered by Track Tech
Price: CDN$ 46.95
12 used & new from CDN$ 42.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Heater, Feb. 21 2013
This review is from: Bathroom Safe Heater Fan (Misc.)
This is a good heater. I like how it monitors the temperature and shuts off automatically too. I would give it 5 stars but I'll just note 2 small things that a potential purchaser should know:

1. Temperature is in Fahrenheit only. This isn't a big deal but it would be nice to pick Celcius if I wanted.
2. The minimum temperature for the autoshut off feature is 65F which is 18.33C. It would be nicer if it went to 60F I think.

For value buyers, I found this to be a better value than the Dyson options. This heater seemed just about as good but more economical.

Nest Learning Thermostat - 1st Generation T100577
Nest Learning Thermostat - 1st Generation T100577

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Impressed, Dec 2 2012
I bought this when is was on sale a week or two ago and installed it yesterday and I have to say that I'm really impressed. It looks great, it's easy to install and operate and I feel it's already doing a good job of reliably keep the temperature steady in the house and is learning to cool off at night. I can post more info later on how it works over time but my early impression is very positive.

Brand New Genuine OEM Toshiba Keyboard for Toshiba Satellite A100 Laptop / Notebook PC Computer [ Merchant & Seller: Micro_Power_Source ( MPS ) ]
Offered by Micro_Power_Source
Price: CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product & Good Seller, May 19 2012
This keyboard is a solid replacement for those looking to replace their old laptop keyboard. The keys have a good solid feel about them.

I should also mention that the seller of this product, Micro Power Source (M.P.S.), was excellent to deal with too. They are helpful, trust worthy and reliable. A pleasure to do business with.

Page: 1 | 2