Profile for Greg Horn > Reviews

Content by Greg Horn

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Greg Horn "guildx700" (waterford, wisconsin USA)

The Best of Abbott & Costello, Vol. 3 ( Go to Mars / In The Foreign Legion / Meet Frankenstein / Meet The Invisible Man / Meet The Killer / Comin' Round The Mountain / Lost In Alaska / Mexican Hayride [Import]
DVD ~ Bud Abbott
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 24.43
19 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars keep em coming!, May 25 2004
This is what offering a great value is all about! I've got vol. 1 & 2 already and this one on order. This will be one of my favs for sure! 8 movies, fantastic quality, all for under $20!!! Man, the CD music industry needs to stand up and take notice of what's happening in the DVD industry. This is one of many great collections that have/are coming out. The Universal Monsters, The Marx Brothers, Don Knotts and several other collections all reasonably priced. You can't even rent movies this cheap. Vol 1 & 2 of this series are stellar for quality and the packaging is top notch and very convenient, they take up very little space in a storage unit. I'm not sure how many movies are left to release after this but if there's enough to do another vol 4 please do so! Thanks a million Universal Studios!

Banchee//Thinkin
Banchee//Thinkin
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 34.43
4 used & new from CDN$ 31.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Psych rock and then some!, April 3 2004
This review is from: Banchee//Thinkin (Audio CD)
I remember seeing Banchee's Thinkin' LP in the cutout bins in the early 1970's, the cover was cool looking so I bought it for fifty cents. I got it home and put it on the turntable and that was it, I was hooked! A few days later a friend of my brother comes over while I'm playing it, he was surprised to hear them on as it turns out he knew the band! IMO Thinkin' is their best effort, their first release self titled show glimpses of what was to come with The Night is Calling and Tom's Island, but whereas the rest of the LP was uneven Thinkin' simply is a tour de force of classic late 60's psych rock from the first to the last note!
I was thrilled to find it finally released as a CD with both LP's together. Sound quality is as good or better than the vinyl was and the original art for both LP covers is happily included.
This CD is a must buy for anyone into late 60's early 70's rock, a true hidden gem! Original songs, great guitar work good production and a band that sounds tight and in synch with the music. Buy it before it vanishes and is not available as is the case so often with CD's like this. Thanks for the music Banchee!

The Marx Brothers Collection (A Night at The Opera/A Day at The Races/A Night in Casablanca/Room Service/At the Circus/Go West/The Big Store) (5DVD)
DVD ~ Groucho Marx
Offered by Kay's Movies
Price: CDN$ 59.99
16 used & new from CDN$ 19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars about time, March 20 2004
I'm thrilled to see this release!!!
Some other folks seem to be complaining about the choices for the movies on this set. I'm quite happy with them all things considered. First off realize virtually ALL of their movies are available to buy on DVD anyhow right now if you check E-Bay regularly EXCEPT these 3, The Big Store, Go West, & At The Circus. These are the only 3 to never have made it to ANY DVD release anywhere in the world to my knowledge. So this set completes their catalog to DVD you might say. Some are on the now deleted Image catalog and others are imports, (of which I might add are of very good quality). Certainly it would be nice to see another set or 2 released and get their entire catalog back out and currently available at the retail level, but this fills all the gaps. With the addition of the 3 I mentioned above I will now have all of their movies on DVD so I'm quite pleased even if this is all that gets reissued. I can dream and hope that they would remaster them all given some are looking very poor, but unless a Criterion or some rich fan (Ted Turner please!) gets the bug to restore them this is the best we get. Cocoanuts is probably the worst one for it's overall condition.