Profile for Beldini > Reviews

Content by Beldini

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Beldini (Los Angeles, CA USA)

For Your Eyes Only: Behind the Scenes of the Bond Films
For Your Eyes Only: Behind the Scenes of the Bond Films
by David Giammarco
18 used & new from CDN$ 13.84

5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Bond book, Feb. 28 2003
Amazing! I've been a fan of the Bond films for over 20 years, and this is the first book that has brought together everyone's first-hand accounts. Almost every Bond book I've been disappointed with because they were written by arm-chair quarterbacks, but David Giammarco is a journalist who has been a part of the 007 world, spent time with most of the Bond particpants, and can truly write what it is like to be on set and behind the scenes. It is very well-written, with many interesting facts and stories that even I'VE never heard before! His interviews with Roger Moore were quite amusing, and reading Sean Connery tell his version of Bond-mania was very fascinating. Getting to hear Timothy Dalton and George Lazenby's side of the story was also quite interesting. It was also great to see how well Mr. Giammarco showcased Pierce Brosnan's contributions to the series. Mr. Brosnan has been vastly underrrated in the media, but this book gives us far more insight into the man and pays him his due rewards (after all, we all know Pierce is the best Bond since Connery!!!) The author and Pierce seems to have a really good relationship, and perhaps that why the normally reticent Mr. Brosnan opens up as much as he does.
Plus, you can't beat hearing all the many great stories from the "classic" Bond directors like Guy Hamilton and Peter Hunt, Ken Adam (his account of Connery almost being eaten by a shark during the shooting of Thunderball was quite funny)as well as the many Bond Girls, Villains, cast and crew. I liked what Desmond Lewelyn told the author and I learned a whole new side about lovable old Q.
Also, the contributions to the book from Hugh Hefner, Kevin Costner, Harison Ford, and that infamous CIA spook E. Howard Hunt were quite fascinating and take this book to a whole new dimension than those other Bond books.
It's clear Mr.Giammarco knows the Bond legacy inside and out and his access to everyone is an invaluable resource for us Bond aficionados. I've been waiting a long time for a book like this - a really fun read. I highly recommend it. No Bond fan will be disappointed!!!

Music By...W.G. Snuffy Walden inc themes to West Wing, Once & Again, Felicity, Thirtysomething and more
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 39.98
8 used & new from CDN$ 32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The soundtrack to my life!, March 9 2001
I bought this Cd for the soundtracks, since "The West Wing," and "Felicity" are two of my favorite shows, but it's the rest of the CD that really knocked me out. Sophisticated and simple, moving and joyous. Wow! I haven't taken it out of the cd player since I bought it.