Profile for MizMode > Reviews

Content by MizMode

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

MizMode "mizmode" (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Riding in Cars with Boys (Special Edition) (Bilingual)
Riding in Cars with Boys (Special Edition) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Drew Barrymore
Offered by Warehouse105
Price: CDN$ 16.99
14 used & new from CDN$ 0.85

4.0 out of 5 stars great movie, Oct. 19 2002
Drew B. is my very favorite actress. When I heard that Drew was going to age in the film and have a son who was played by an actor not much older than her, I was skeptical. Even when I saw the adult scenes between them two I was still a little skeptical. After I watched their interaction with each other all my skepticism went out the window. lolRICWB is an very good movie. I loved it. Drew was excellent in the role of Beverly and with her character aging in the film she pulled off playing the different ages very well. Just about everyone did an great job. Although, Adam Garcia was playing an american I could hear a little bit of his australian accent, so I gave it 4 stars. He was good nevertheless. The boys who played Jason were all so cute and adorable. :)Sometimes I thought Beverly was too selfish or Ray just needed to get his act together, but everyone's human. I laughed. I cried. And I can't wait to watch it again. :)I highly recommend this film.

Dancing with the Devil
Dancing with the Devil
by Keri Arthur
24 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, June 1 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Dancing with the Devil (Paperback)
1st book in a series. Great book, lots of action, vamps, zombies, psychic powers, attraction between PI Nikki and vampire Michael. And read the 2nd book to, Hearts in Darkness for more of Nikki and Michael.

Congo
Congo
VHS
5 used & new from CDN$ 3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun action, June 1 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Congo (VHS Tape)
I loved this movie!!! This is a fun, action movie not to be taken seriously. It's not going to win any Oscars, but it wasn't aiming too, although, it does have future Oscar nominee(for another movie), Laura Linney, who was terrific in this. She kicked major [rear] in this movie. She was tough from beginning to end. No simpering, whining or crying from her. What I really liked about it, was Amy, the gorilla and the search for the Lost City of Zinn. I love researching about lost cities, and of course this was a fictional movie, but that part of the plotline intrigued me. Ernie Hudson was a riot in this, serious and mostly funny, and w/ Dylan Walsh, Tim Curry and a cameo from Joe Pantoliano.I liked everyone in this film. Either you love it, hate it or have mixed feelings about it, and I love it. :)

Hearts in Darkness
Hearts in Darkness
by Keri Arthur
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.28

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent book!, May 12 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Hearts in Darkness (Paperback)
I really liked the first book in the series, Dancing with the Devil(read this one first), but this one, Hearts in Darkness, the second in the series, I loved. Michael is back. Michael and Nikki have to go undercover as a married couple at a resort, to find two missing teenagers, and find out what's been going on with the disappearances of previous guests. You learn a little more about Michael's past, and Nikki's powers, and more supernatural things. And of course, Michael and Nikki get closer. :) I can't wait for the 3rd book.

Looker
Looker
VHS
Offered by vidsale
Price: CDN$ 25.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 14.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this movie!, April 27 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Looker (VHS Tape)
Yes, it's a little cheesy and so 80s. lol! But I really like it for some reason. I've always liked it since it came out years ago, especially the chemistry between Albert Finney and Susan Dey and the way a particular gun is used in the film. And I also like the theme song. I have this movie taped, but I might have to buy me one, because it's packed away somewhere. lol!

Swordfish
Swordfish
DVD ~ John Travolta
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 15.92
81 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, April 27 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Swordfish (DVD)
Lots of action, computers, twists, bad guy/good guy. John Travolta was a little over the top, but Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry were great and they have excellent chemistry. Basically Hugh, stole the movie. Watch it for the action, Hugh and Halle.

Waiting to Exhale
Waiting to Exhale
by Terry McMillan
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, April 27 2002
The story of four friends who laugh, cry, get mad and be there for one another. You'll love it.

Chocolate Star
Chocolate Star
by Sheila Copeland
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, April 27 2002
I really liked this book. Better than I expected and the character of Topaz--not enough fame and fortune can make you happy.

A Kiss of Shadows
A Kiss of Shadows
by Laurell K. Hamilton
Price: CDN$ 9.92
99 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Magical!, April 21 2002
Loved this book. I gave it 4 stars because I thought it took forever to get to the reason why Merry's aunt, Queen Andais wanted her back home. But other than that it was a great read, with lots of magic, good-looking men, and a look at the world of the Fey.

Better Off Dead: A Casey Jones Mystery
Better Off Dead: A Casey Jones Mystery
by Katy Munger
27 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gutsy and skillful Casey, April 14 2002
This is the 5th book in the series.Casey goes undercover in this one and has fun doing it. In this one, you want to join the fight in finding the person, who hurt Helen. And Casey gets a lot of help in this one with the wonderful, hilarious and resourceful regular characters from the previous CJ books, and with a couple of extra new ones characters too. Superb book!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3