Profile for Wazu > Reviews

Content by Wazu

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Wazu "probonolaw" (West Palm Beach, Florida)

Bcp Parish Ecomony Edition Red
Bcp Parish Ecomony Edition Red
by Harper Collins Publishers
Price: CDN$ 20.80
20 used & new from CDN$ 8.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Book of Common Prayer - page #'s match, April 19 2004
The Book of Common Prayer is the book used for sermons in the Episcopal Church.
This is a 1979 version of the Book of Common Prayer. It includes a Certificate that the edition was compared to the Standard Book and that it conforms to it.
I don't make any guarantees, but to the best of my knowledge, the page #'s in the book correspond exactly to the page #'s in other 1979 editions by different publishers. I compared it to a my Personal Edition from Oxford University Press. I wanted to make sure the pages matched because I am planning on buying and donating a few to my parish.

The Richest Man in Babylon
The Richest Man in Babylon
by George Clason
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 10.80
71 used & new from CDN$ 1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book on basic finances, Feb. 7 2004
Good book on basic financial freedom, teaching basic concepts of paying yourself first, consulting a financial planner rather than relying upon tips from friends, etc.
The book is easy to read and easy to understand.

Making Faces
Making Faces
by Kevyn Aucoin
Price: CDN$ 17.33
59 used & new from CDN$ 4.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, Aug. 11 2003
This review is from: Making Faces (Paperback)
I bought this for my wife ... It is amazing what a person can do with makeup! In this book, Mr. Aucoin transforms women with the use of makeup.
The picture on the cover ... when I first saw it on Amazon.com I thought it was a clowns face, but it is actually the picture of a beautiful woman.

The Complete Photo Guide to Home Improvement: Over 1700 Photos, 250 Step-by-Step Projects (Complete Photo Guides)
24 used & new from CDN$ 10.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference Book!, Aug. 11 2003
The B&D Home Improvement book is the core of my home improvement library. I reviewed other home improvement books at Home Depot, but liked B&D's books. I also own the B&D Home Repair and B&D Bathrooms books. The three books use many of the same pictures, but I do not regret buying any of them. I prefer this book over the others because the projects it covers are things I would like to do, like remodeling a bathroom, etc. In addition, the book covers making things from "scratch" which is how many projects are once you finish the demolition phase. In comparison, the home repair book focuses on repairs rather than new projects.
As an engineer, I consider myself "above average" in home repair. However, this book has saved me a few times, when I got lost, such as helping me to understand a three way electric switch circuit for my kitchen light.
The cut away diagrams are very useful; especially for the plumbing sections. They literally cut things in half, to show you the inside view, whether it be a garbage disposal or a shower stall.
Black & Decker used significant resources in making this book because in a way it is an advertisement for B&D tools. The book conveniently displays and uses Black & Decker tools in the pictures. Bear in mind that Black & Decker is in the business of selling tools, not books. However, that being said the book is still a great reference.

Dispensing with the Truth: The Victims, the Drug Companies, and the Dramatic Story Behind the Battle over Fen-Phen
by Alicia Mundy
20 used & new from CDN$ 1.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring for attorneys, July 18 2002
The book discusses several cases of Fen-Phen, the diet drug. The book goes through the history of the drug, the drug companies efforts to conceal the negative side-effects of the drugs. It continues on through the FDA approval process, how the drug companies paid for numerous studies to prove the drugs were safe and wrote articles and paid doctors to publish the articles in the doctor's names. On come the lawyers to protect the injured victims and the ones for the drug companies. The book even covers the power struggles between plaintiffs attorneys fighting among themselves.
As an attorney, I am inspired to grow my career into Plaintiff's drug litigation because the problems plaguing Fen-Phen will likely repeat.

How to Start & Build a Law Practice
How to Start & Build a Law Practice
by Jay G. Foonberg
14 used & new from CDN$ 51.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for the solo attorney, July 18 2002
Good book for the solo, but the book has some repetitions in it. The book appears as if Foonberg wrote a series of short articles and the bound them to make a book. Regardless, the book has lots of good information in it.

Haley's Cleaning Hints
Haley's Cleaning Hints
by Graham & Rosemary Haley
95 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cleaning tips., July 18 2002
This review is from: Haley's Cleaning Hints (Hardcover)
The book provides tips on cleaning, using household chemicals. It can save you time and money by not buying extra cleaning chemicals. For example, using hair spray to remove lipstick from my shirt. Or using ammonia to polish brass.

Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Stedman's Medical Dictionary
by Stedman's
15 used & new from CDN$ 17.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Some of the definitions are difficult to understand., July 18 2002
Stedmans is recognized as a leading dictionary in the medical community. Stedmans is great for looking up definitions for terms you don't know. However, some of the definitions are as confusing as the original terms for a non-medical person (attorney).