Profile for Goo > Reviews

Content by Goo

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Goo (Virginia, USA)

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Price: CDN$ 10.00
31 used & new from CDN$ 7.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty Deeds ain't worth Dirt Cheap, March 22 2004
This has gotta be my all-time favorite album created by any band, artist, or singer, ever. And that's saying something.
Dirty Deeds starts off with it's title track. In this song, frontman Bon Scott gives you some reasons as to why you might hire him as your hitman. That's Bon for ya.
First time AC/DC listeners might not warm up to "Love At First Feel" right away, but after two or three times around it will definitely earn a spot on your AC/DC top ten. "Big Balls" is an example of one of Scott's wittiest songs. Whether it's about ballroom dancing or not is for you to decide. "Rocker" can easily become an AC/DC fan's theme. I know it's mine.
"Problem Child" went on to become a staple in AC/DC playlists. Mad guitar riffs and well-fitting lyrics make up this favorite of mine. "There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'" is all about what one might experience at an AC/DC show. "Ain't No Fun (Waiting Rouind To Be A Millionaire)" is another classic, though it might take a few tries to like it. "Ride On" is my favorite song of all time. Bon Scott displays his vocals on this mellow piece. "Squealer" has catchy lyrics and will definitely keep you comin' back for more hard rock sounds of AC/DC.
I guarantee that there is not one song any AC/DC fan will not enjoy on this album. It will become a favorite of yours after just one play through of the tracks. If it doesn't, you might as well dust of those old albums and get back into good ole rock 'n roll, 'cause this is what it sounds like.

AC/DC - Live At Donington: 1991
AC/DC - Live At Donington: 1991
DVD ~ Angus Young
Price: CDN$ 17.95
35 used & new from CDN$ 6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardcore, Jan. 18 2004
No matter how many times you watch this DVD, it never gets old. I am a huge AC/DC fan, and my stamp of approval goes out to this DVD. I only wish that I had been there at the Donnington Castle when this concert actually happened. The concert has a great lineup. However, I was very upset to hear the band's version of "The Jack" from when Brian Johnson was the singer instead of Bon Scott's version. This is mostly due to the fact that I had never heard the newer version, and was quite suprised when all the words I was singing didn't match that of the DVD's at all. Not only is the main attraction great, but the extras include many features. For example, Angus and Malcolm have their own commentaries for EVERY album ever put together. Well, all I can say is BUY THIS DVD. I'm off to go watch it again.

Highway To Hell
Highway To Hell
Price: CDN$ 10.00
35 used & new from CDN$ 8.24

5.0 out of 5 stars An AC/DC fan's heaven, not hell, Nov. 27 2003
This review is from: Highway To Hell (Audio CD)
This 1979 release marked the end of the career of Bon Scott, who tragically died after a night on the town about six months later. This collection certainly was a way to end it.
After I purchased this album, I could not leave it alone for weeks. I still listen to it non-stop, and I NEVER get tired of Bon Scott's lyrics and the sounds of Angus, Malcolm, and Cliff on guitar and bass, and Phils drum. The title track is a very well-written song which is very expressional of the band themselves. In other words, it's about rocking and partying. John "Mutt" Lange works to bring out the background voices of Cliff and Malcolm and the beats of Phill Rudd on drums.
This is definately one of their best collections out there, and when you have seventeen albums, that's saying something.

The Sims Unleashed Expansion Pack
The Sims Unleashed Expansion Pack
15 used & new from CDN$ 11.94

5.0 out of 5 stars This Game Is Not "Ruff" To Understand! (Har-Har!), May 13 2003
This game, in my opinion, is the BEST Sims Expansion pack yet created, and I own them all (except for Sims Online and Sims Superstar, which comes out today:May 13th). In this game, not only are many new, cool items are added on, but you are FINALLY able to purchase and take care of pets! Sure, you could have fish or a guinea pig, but all you could do with them was feed and clean their cages. Who-pee, that's what I'm talking about. Dogs and cats are considered family members, so sadly you can only have seven in one family (one out of the maximum of eight being the person to take care of them). You can now play with them, train them, and enter them in shows, which is one of my favorite things to do. There are also other pets, such as birds and, if I remember correctly, iguanas. I also remember there being new jobs, unless I am getting this confused with another expansion pack, one of them being of the Animal career track, which I, and many other Sim gamers, had been waiting for for a long, long time. And for all of you out there with a green thumb (If you literally have a green thumb, you might want to see a doctor... I am talking about if you like to work with plants or not.), you can also grow your own plants in this game. You can get a little help with them by buying a special plant tonic from one of many new places in the downtown area. Well, I think this review is getting too long, so I must end it here. Look for me at other expansion pack reviews :-P