Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery
Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery Overview
Amazon.ca offers Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery dates on selected items in our stores when you choose Priority or Express shipping.
This means that if you place a qualifying order, we'll prioritize your order so it ships right away and automatically refund the shipping costs if we miss our delivery promise. This service is for eligible items we know we can ship right away, provided with no additional shipping costs, and subject to the terms below.
Choosing Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery at Checkout
To make sure the item you're buying is eligible--look for the "Want it delivered . . ." message on the product detail page that displays a delivery date and shipping option. This message lets you know that Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery is available for the item and displays the soonest we could deliver it to you if ordered within the time displayed.
Orders for multiple items, or multiple copies of the same item, may take longer to assemble and may not be eligible for guaranteed delivery, even if the items are listed as eligible. To be eligible for guaranteed delivery on these orders, select the "Ship my items as they become available" option, which means multiple-item orders will be split into multiple shipments and shipping fees charged for each shipment.
To place your guaranteed order:
- Add the item to your Shopping Cart and proceed to checkout.
- Choose an eligible shipping address within eligible domestic postal codes (but not P.O. boxes).
- Select the guaranteed shipping option advertised on the product detail page.
- Pay using credit card or debit card to avoid payment processing delays.
- If your order contains items not eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery, you'll be prompted to check a box indicating you'd like to split up your shipments (at additional cost). Your items will be delayed or ineligible for the guarantee if you don't check this box.
- Place your order before the deadline displayed on the product detail page and enjoy the fast shipping!
Cancelling items, combining orders, or changing your shipping address or shipping options after you place the order might affect your eligibility for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.
Qualifying for a Refund under the Guarantee
We'll automatically refund your shipping costs when we miss a delivery promise for a guaranteed order under the following qualifications:
- If you choose a guaranteed shipping option advertised on a product detail page when placing your order, ship to an eligible address, and complete your order before the deadline on the product detail page, we guarantee that your items will arrive on or before the delivery dates shown. This means we will refund shipping fees associated with your items if they are not delivered to their destination on or before those dates.
- If your order contains other items that aren't eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery, and you do not check the box indicating you'd like to split up your shipments, you will not be eligible for the guarantee.
- For your order to qualify for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery, your credit or debit card must be successfully charged before the deadline displayed on the product detail page.
- During the checkout process, if for any reason your items no longer qualify for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery (for example, if the order deadline passes or if inventory runs out), you will not be eligible for the guarantee.
- A signature may be required for some deliveries. If this is the case, an attempted delivery on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
- A delivery appointment may be required for some deliveries. If this is the case, an offer by the carrier of a delivery appointment on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery Fine Print
- Applies only to items that include the "Want it delivered . . ." message that displays a delivery date and method on the product detail page. If the item's product detail page does not include this message, it is not eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.
- Applies only to products sold by Amazon.ca through our website located at http://www.amazon.ca. Does not apply to any products purchased at amazon.co.uk, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.co.jp, amazon.com, or any other Web site operated by Amazon.com, its affiliates, or third-party merchants accessible from our site. Does not apply to any products purchased through Amazon Marketplace. Does not apply to gift cards , and any items that do not include a message about a delivery date and shipping option below the availability information on the product detail page.
- Will be subject to geographic shipping restrictions that may apply to particular products or locations.
- Does not apply to purchases made under our Prime shipping membership program.
- Guarantee does not apply to orders shipped to P.O. boxes.
- May not be used with free-shipping promotions.
- Does not apply in the event of service interruptions or failures caused by events beyond Amazon.ca's control.
- Your only remedy under this guarantee will be a refund of the shipping fees associated with the items in your order that are eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.
- Amazon.ca reserves the right to change or discontinue Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery at its discretion.