Buying Gift Certificates
Amazon.ca Gift Certificates can be used to buy almost any item sold on Amazon.ca. You can buy gift certificates for any amount between $0.15 and $2,000.00, and print your gift certificates from home or send them by e-mail or physical mail anywhere in the world.
How to Order
Amazon.ca offers multiple ordering options and gift certificate types so you can choose the one that's best for you.
Personalized Gift Certificates
- Visit our Gift Certificates page.
- Click the Buy now button for the type of gift certificate you want to purchase (e-mail, print at home, or physical gift certificates by mail).
- For print at home gift certificates, simply choose one of our standard designs. For e-mail gift certificates you'll have the option to choose one of our standard designs, upload a custom image to include with your gift certificate that will be part of the gift certificate's design, or to suggest a product to your recipient. If you suggest a product, the value of the gift certificate will default to the current price of that item. However, you'll be able to change it to any amount you wish (up to $2,000). Otherwise, you'll be asked to enter the desired gift certificate amount. You'll also have the option to add a personalized message, and update the delivery information if needed.
- Click the Add to order button. The gift certificate will be added to the "Gift Certificate Order" box at the top right of the gift certificate ordering page. (You might need to scroll up or to the right to see it, depending on your screen size.) Note: The gift certificate is not added to your normal Amazon shopping certificate.
- If you'd like to order another gift certificate before checking out, complete the order form again and click the Add to order button. When you're finished adding gift certificates to your order, click the Proceed to Checkout button in the Gift Certificate Order box, at the top right-hand side of the gift certificate ordering page.
- Sign in with your Amazon.ca account e-mail address and password.
- Provide payment information for your purchase and click the Continue button.
Note about payment method selected: Remember the payment method you used for your order. If you need to print a "Print at home" gift certificate or resend an e-mail gift certificate, you'll be asked to verify the payment method used for the original purchase.
- Review your order and click the Place your order button to complete your purchase.
You can order up to 400 E-mail and Print at Home Gift Certificates per order. To learn more about ordering in bulk, see Ordering Multiple Gift Certificates.
Deleting a Gift Certificate from the Gift Certificate Order Box
If you add a personalized gift certificate to your order and realize you no longer want it, you can delete it from your order by clicking the "Delete" button below the gift certificate you no longer want.
Ordering Physical Gift Certificates
Physical Amazon.ca Gift Certificates are available to purchase through the usual Amazon ordering method. Simply start here and choose the gift certificate design and dollar amount from the drop-down menu; then add it to your Shopping Cart. Gift certificates arrive in a 5 x 7 inch sealed envelope with an additional envelope for gifting. The plastic gift certificate is attached to the inside of a folded greeting card. You can add a personal message to your order during checkout, and we'll print it on the packing slip.
- Paying for gift certificates in your Shopping Cart: As with other gift certificate purchase options on Amazon.ca, you cannot use Amazon gift certificates to purchase new gift certificates. When a gift certificate is in your Shopping Cart along with other items you wish to buy, any existing gift certificate balance on Your Account will only be applied to the purchase of eligible items--not to the gift certificate.
You'll need to provide a credit card to pay for the order if you have gift certificates in your Shopping Cart. If you have trouble applying a gift certificate balance to an order, please try removing the gift certificates you'd like to buy from the order and purchase them separately.
- Available shipping options: Physical Gift Certificates are delivered with FREE Standard or Express shipping to certain areas within Canada. Simply select either Standard or Express shipping at checkout.See details.
Buying Gift Certificates for Specific Products
If you'd like to suggest a specific item and send a gift certificate for the current price, just visit our gift card main page (http://www.amazon.ca/gc). If you select that you'd like to send a gift card through e-mail you'll have the option to "Suggest an item." You'll be able to search for the item and customize a gift certificate that includes a personalized note.
You can also suggest a specific item and send a gift certificate from that item's product page if it's eligible. Just click "eGift This Item" to start placing the order for the gift card.
When you select the option to give an item as a gift certificate, you can purchase the product, select the recipient, and add a personalized gift note. We'll then send an e-mail directly to the gift recipient and let them know they've received a gift. The e-mail will include the product image, details, and the purchaser's personal message. The recipient can then place the order for the item you selected or use the gift balance to buy any other item at Amazon.ca.
If you'd like to account for shipping cost and/or taxes, you can add any amount to your gift certificate purchase. To estimate shipping costs, visit our Shipping & Returns Help pages.
Note: We don't guarantee product price and availability.
Including a Custom Image with an E-mail Gift Card
If you're sending an Amazon.ca Gift Certificate by e-mail, you can add a custom image that you've uploaded from your computer to the gift card design. Just follow these steps:
- Visit our Gift Cards page.
- Under "Digital Gift Cards", select that you want to Upload a Photo.
- It will default to the option to upload your photo (1). Click the Browse button (2) and a separate window will pop up where you can select a file from your computer to upload.
- You'll have the option to zoom in or out on the image, rotate it, and change the standard background to customize the appearance of your gift card.
- Once you've finished editing the image on your card, select Use this design to add the image to the card.
Printing a Gift Card
When you choose the "Print at Home" option for your Amazon.ca Gift Certificate at www.amazon.ca/giftcard, we create a PDF gift certificate specific to your order that you can access from our confirmation e-mail or the Order Summary in Your Account. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to open and print the PDF file.
There are a few different ways you can access the gift certificate PDF file once you've placed your order. Here are the options:
- Gift Certificate Ready e-mail: We'll send you an e-mail to let you know when it's ready to be printed. The e-mail contains a URL that goes directly to the gift certificate PDF file. Click on the link provided or copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser to print your gift certificate.
- Your Account: In Your Orders, click the order number for the gift certificate order. On the Order Summary, click the Print gift certificate(s) button. If the button isn't available, your gift certificate is still processing. If you wait a few minutes and refresh the page, the button should appear. Note: When printing from Your Account, you'll be asked to verify the credit card number used for the original purchase.
Payment Verification and Reprinting Gift Certificates
When you're asked to verify the payment method used for the printable gift certificate, the card number must exactly match the information you entered at the time of purchase. You can print your gift certificate as many times as needed until the code is redeemed to an Amazon.ca account, but the code can only be redeemed once. When the gift certificate has been redeemed to an Amazon.ca account, the Print gift certificate(s) button will no longer be available in the Order Summary.
Gift Certificate Delivery
- E-mail gift cards: These generally arrive within 15 minutes of being ordered if you choose "Now" as the delivery date. (Keep in mind that, on rare occasions, the process can take up to 24 hours if a manual review is required, as sometimes happens when customers use a new credit card.) If you wish, you can schedule a gift card to be sent up to 1 year in advance of the delivery date. Note: You'll be charged 1-2 days before your e-mail gift certificate is delivered if you schedule a future delivery date. We'll send you an e-mail reminder when the delivery date nears.
- Print at Home gift cards: You can print your Amazon.ca Gift Certificate from the confirmation e-mail you receive, from the thank you screen, or from the order summary in Your Account. Learn more.
- Physical gift cards: All Amazon.ca Gift Certificates are delivered with FREE Standard or Express shipping to certain areas within Canada. Simply select either Standard or Express shipping at checkout. See details. Physical gift certificates arrive in a 5 x 7 inch sealed envelope with an additional envelope for gifting. The plastic gift certificate is attached to the inside of a folded greeting card.
E-cards (Animated Gift Cards)
Amazon.ca does not offer e-Certificates, but you can order E-mailed, Mail, or Print at Home gift certificates through the Amazon.ca website.
Ordering Multiple Gift Cards
E-mail and Print at Home gift cards
You can create up to 400 e-mail and print at home gift certificates on the same order, however, purchases of gift certificates from Amazon.ca and its affiliated websites are limited to up to $10,000 for any customer in a single day. There are a few different options for you to choose from:
- Start from the Amazon.ca Gift Certificate ordering page.
- To send multiple e-mail gift certificates in the same amount to the same e-mail address, just change the "Quantity" field on the order form.
- To send gift certificates in varying amounts, or with different designs, messages, or "to" and "from" information, fill out the order form and click "Add to order" for each different gift certificate you'd like to buy.
- To send identical e-mail gift certificates in the same amount and design to multiple e-mail addresses, choose the "Send to more people" link on the order form and enter the e-mail addresses into the space provided (separated by commas or semicolons, or with each address on a new line).
- For multiple print at home gift certificates that are identical, just change the "Quantity" field to the desired number. For unique gift certificates, fill out the order form and click Add to order for each one.
Boxes of gift certificates
Boxes of 50 gift certificates can be purchased through the Shopping Cart ($10, $25, and $50 denominations only). Please keep in mind that purchases of gift certificates from Amazon.ca and its affiliated websites are limited to up to $10,000 for any customer in a single day. To see the options available, start here and choose the dollar amount you'd like from the drop-down menu.
Bulk ordering for Businesses
Corporate customers also have bulk gift card ordering options. Please see our Corporate Gift Certificates page for more information.
Managing Gift Certificate Delivery Dates
You can view the delivery date for scheduled e-mail gift certificates in Your Account. If the delivery date is incorrect, simply cancel the gift certificate order and place a new one.
To view or cancel the scheduled delivery for an e-mail gift certificate:
- Visit Your Account (http://www.amazon.ca/your-account).
- Sign in using the e-mail address and password associated with your Amazon.ca account.
- Click "Manage Scheduled E-Mail Gift Certificates" in the Payment section.
- Click the View or Cancel Order button.
To complete the cancellation of a scheduled e-mail gift certificate, click the Need to cancel this order? button and then click the Cancel order button on the next page.
Re-sending a Gift Certificate
To reissue an E-mail gift certificate you purchased:
- Go to Your Orders in Your Account.
- Click the order ID to reach the Order Summary page.
- Click the "Resend it" link for the gift certificate you want to resend.
- Review the information regarding the gift certificate to be reissued, and follow the instructions on the page.
Some e-mail providers give users the option of blocking all e-mail messages that originate outside of their domain. You may want to check with your recipient to make sure their e-mail is configured to accept e-mails from Amazon.ca.
We'll contact you by e-mail once we have canceled the original gift certificate and issued a new one.
Note: If you do not see a "Resend it" link, the gift certificate was most likely redeemed by the recipient.Need help buying an Amazon.ca Gift Certificate? Visit this page.