Amazon.ca Marketplace Seller Best Practices
Whether you're a low- or high-volume seller, Amazon.ca wants you to succeed. It's important that you are able to focus on growing your business and not have to worry about the mechanics of selling. In light of this, we've created these useful insights for you that are used by our most successful sellers. For easy reference, bookmark this page and the links below.
If you are a Pro Merchant Seller, you have access to volume listing tools, frequent-seller programs, subscription selling rates, downloadable inventory reports, and many other features. When relevant, we've highlighted additional information for you.
If you're serious about selling, we're serious about helping you
Finding Answers Quickly
Listing Items and Inventory Management
- The quickest way to find answers is to read our Seller Help Pages.
- Always check the Amazon Seller Announcement Board before contacting Amazon.ca about a current technical issue--this is where our support staff will post notices of any known issues.
- Interact with other sellers and find out why they're so successful. Become an active member of our seller community by visiting our discussion boards such as the Help for New Sellersboard.
- Update your online inventory daily to avoid stock-outs that may occur when an Amazon buyer purchases an item from you, but you no longer have that item on hand. Making updates is especially important if the inventory you are selling on Amazon.ca Marketplace is also for sale through other venues.
- Before pricing your items, research prices for comparable products on Amazon.ca Marketplace and make adjustments if necessary.
- If an item has been listed for more than 30 days and has not sold, check your pricing to make sure that it is competitive and make changes if necessary.
- The Listings Status feature can take up to 36 hours to remove your listings and another 36 hours to restore them. During this period, listings cannot be modified or deleted. Because of this, we suggest not using this feature to remove your listings from the site. Read more about using this feature by visiting the Seller Account and Settings Help page.
- For more information about listing on our site and inventory management, please visit our collection of Help pages for Listing and Managing Items.
Additional Information for Pro Merchant Subscribers
- Break large Inventory Loader files into batches with fewer than 25,000 listings or file sizes smaller than 10 MB
- It is best not to submit the same Inventory Loader file more than once. You might experience a slight processing delay during peak times, but our systems will still process files in the order we received them.
- For more information about how to use Inventory Loader, please visit our page on Volume Listing Tools.
- Check your Amazon Payments Account regularly for important updates on your sales, rather than relying exclusively on e-mail notifications. You can access Payments through your Seller Account.
- Provide high-quality customer service, which includes handling refunds and returns in a timely manner. Refund an order within 48 hours that you are unable to fill and issue refunds for returns within five business days of receipt. You'll find instructions on our Creating Refunds page.
- Use the A-to-z Guarantee only as a last resort when resolving matters with buyers. Multiple guarantee claims are an indication of seller performance problems.
- Always ship your items within two business days of order notification. This is a requirement!
- Include a packing slip with your item, either cut out from the SSN e-mail or by creating your own, and include your return address.
- Review our packaging guidelines carefully.
- Understand shipping credits.
- Include a note with your package with your contact information and encourage your buyer to leave you feedback.
- Though we handle order and shipping notifications, we encourage you to work directly with customers to resolve their questions and concerns about products and orders.
- For additional help with this topic, visit our Help pages for Fulfillment, Getting Paid, and Feedback.
Additional Information for Pro Merchant Subscribers
- You can manually generate a 15-day report via your seller account if needed.
- "Good communication with buyers promotes good feedback for sellers.
- Answer all buyer inquiries within 24 hours of receipt.
- Amazon.ca was founded on providing an extraordinary experience for buyers. Customers have come to expect this type of service, and that is what keeps them coming back for more purchases. We encourage you to use the reputation we've established to leverage your own business. As a seller, you are now in control of the same experience for your buyers: never lose sight of this philosophy.
- Change your password regularly.
- Consider setting up a separate bank account for disbursements from your Amazon Payments account.
- Amazon.ca never asks you to verify sensitive information via e-mail. Submit such information only when completing an order on our Web site, registering for Amazon Payments, or contacting us directly.
- Review the terms of our online Privacy Notice and our other Privacy & Security resources.
- If you are ever in doubt about the authenticity of an e-mail, visit our site directly by typing the address into your browser bar, rather than clicking any links.
Familiarize yourself with the Seller Community Rules and our Participation Agreement.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.ca Seller account.