Confirm Multiple Shipments Using Feeds
This feature is available to Pro Merchant subscribers only.
After you receive your orders and process them, you must confirm shipment. The Shipping Confirmation template file allows you to upload confirmation information for multiple orders in a single file.
You must confirm shipment within 30 days of the order date, or Amazon will automatically cancel the order and you will not be paid.
When you successfully confirm shipment, Amazon does the following:
- Processes the shipping information.
- Updates the shipping information in your customer's account.
- Sends the customer a shipping-confirmation e-mail.
Customers can then see the status of their shipped orders online, which results in improved satisfaction for your customers and reduced customer contacts for you.
Note: If you split an order into multiple shipments, the entire order is charged and assigned the status "Payment Complete" as soon as the first shipment for the order is confirmed, even if there are more shipments yet to be made.
Editing and uploading your Shipping Confirmation file
Follow these steps to download, edit, and upload a Shipping Confirmation file.
- Download and save a copy of the Shipping Confirmation template file.
- This template contains validation macros that will help you fill out the template correctly. The validations may be turned off, but we encourage you to keep them on until you learn how to use the template.
- Reformat your number columns to "text." Otherwise, Excel will remove any leading zeros.
- Set the date columns to "yyyy-mm-dd" format.
- Open your copy of the template file and review the Instructions and Definitions tabs, particularly the Important Notes and formatting guidelines ("Accepted Values"). See also the Shipping Confirmation Glossary.
- Select the ShippingConfirmation tab, and enter your shipping information.
When updating previously existing shipping information, select from the following options based on the result you want:
a. Overwrite previously existing data: New data will overwrite or replace the existing data.
Example: New data in the tracking-number field will overwrite the existing data in tracking-number.
b. Do not overwrite previously existing data: An empty (blank) field will not overwrite or nullify the existing data.
Example: Leave the tracking-number blank so the previously uploaded data will remain (will not be overwritten nor nullified).
c. Delete previously existing data: Enter "NULL" (without the quote marks) or leave the field empty (blank), and the data in that field will be deleted.
Example: Type "NULL" into the tracking-number field or leave it empty (blank) to delete and nullify the previously uploaded data.
If an order includes more than one product, or more than one unit of a product, and you are splitting the order into more than one shipment, then it is required that you include the following fields for each of the shipping confirmation records:
- When you are finished, click Save As and select Text (Tab-delimited) (*.txt) from the file type list.
- Browse to where you would like to save the file, rename it, and click Save.
- If you see a warning that the selected file format does not support workbooks containing multiple worksheets, click Yes.
- If you see a warning that your file contains features incompatible with the selected file format. click Yes.Yes.
- In your seller account, on the Orders tab, select Upload Order Related Files.
- Select Shipping Confirmation at the top of the page.
- Under "2. Upload Your Shipping Confirmation File," click Browse.
- Browse to where you saved your file, select the file, and click Open.
- Click the Upload Now button to upload your file.
A status box confirms that your file was received.
Shipping Confirmation Glossary
Not all fields are required. However, it is in your best interest to provide as much information as possible.
||Unique identifying number for an order. This number is provided in your Orders Report.
||Unique identifying number for an item in an order. This number is provided in your Order Report.
Note: This is not the same as the product ASIN. The order-item-id differs from order to order.
||Item quantity included in this order if more than one unit of an item was ordered.
Note: If you split an order, you must include a quantity in the shipping confirmation for each shipment, so that customers know how many items to expect in each package when it arrives.
||A positive integer
||Date that you shipped the order.
||Amazon's code for the shipping carrier that delivered the order, chosen from a drop-down menu.
If you are using an unlisted carrier, select "Other" and then enter the carrier name in the carrier-name field.
- DHL Global Mail
- FedEx Smartpost
- Canada Post
||Shipping carrier that delivered the order. Use only if carrier-name is "Other."
1 to 50 characters
||Shipping carrier's tracking number for the order.
1 to 50 characters
||Shipping method used to deliver the order. Best practice is to include the carrier name to ensure clarity.
1 to 50 characters
|First Class - UPS
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.ca Seller account.