The Add a Product tool lets you
create variations of products in certain categories. Learn more about the Add a Product tool. You may also want to review the Relationships Overview topic, which explains in detail the relationship
types and when to use variation relationships.
you create a product variation listing, check whether this variation of
the product is already in the Amazon catalogue. If the variation exists
and corresponds to the item you want to list, you can click Sell yours instead of creating a variation. If the variation does not exist, follow
the procedure below to create a variation using the Add a Product tool.
- In your seller account, on the Inventory tab, click Add a Product.
- On the Add a Product page, click Create a new product.
- On the Classify page, select the category of the product you want to sell, and then click Select.
- On the Identify page, fill out the required fields marked with an asterisk (*), and then select a theme
from the Variation Theme drop-down list. When you select a variation theme, the Variations tab appears.
Note: You should select the most inclusive variation theme that you think you'll need. Once you have created a product with a selected variation theme, you will not be able to change it.
- On the Variations tab, add variations (for example, colour and size) of the product you want to
sell. Click Add another to add more than one option for the variation. To delete a variation, click the (X) to the right of the option you want to delete.
Note: Even if you are not ready to sell certain variation combinations, you should add all the possible variations now. This will make it easier to manage the displayed products and quantity available to sell.
- When you are finished adding possible variations, click Add variations.
- A Variations Matrix appears, allowing you to add more detail for each variation combination. An EAN or UPC is required for each variation. While not required, a Seller SKU will be automatically generated for you if you do not add one.
- On the Offer tab, enter offer information (for example, handling time and shipping method) for your product. This information will be copied automatically to each variation that you create. You can modify the offer information, as needed, for each variation.
- On the remaining tabs, you can add images, a product description, keywords, and product attributes. This information will appear in all variations of the product you want to sell. You can edit product information at any time on the Manage Your Inventory page.
- When you are finished adding your product and its variations, click Save and finish.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.ca Seller account.