Morris

 
Helpful votes received on reviews: 90% (9 of 10)
Location: North Vancouver, BC Canada
 

Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 393,513 - Total Helpful Votes: 9 of 10
Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, a&hellip by Richard H. Thaler
8 of 9 people found the following review helpful
I loved this book! I have a business background but I now work extensively in the area of health promotion. I found the information in the book really practical and helpful. There were all kinds of excellent ideas about things organizations and people can do to (subtly) influence their employees/family/friends to make better decisions, whether we want them to choose healthy food choices in the company cafeteria or make sound and sensible decisions with their retirement savings. For example, you can encourage a parent to have an operation by saying: "there is a 90% chance you will have a full recovery". If you don't want them to have it, just tell them: "there is a 10% chance you'll… Read more
The Fattening of America: How The Economy Makes Us&hellip by Eric A. Finkelstein
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
A friend of mine had recommended a book with a similar title and I mistakenly bought this one. It started off reasonably well, the author painted an amusing sketch of his family life - perfect, I thought, this will really help bring the points to life. But they never came to life. The book failed to deal substantively with issues of obesity. Instead, it came to the superficial conclusion that people are overweight because their utility of being overweight was higher than doing the hard work (that of course the author does) it takes to stay thin.
I felt the book side-stepped the many reasons why people who are overweight don't just deal with it.

Frankly, I don't know many… Read more

Wish List