1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Poor quality control - temperature seems stuck on 'warm.' In the first week, I cooked five dinners and instead of cooking in 4 hours on high as the recipe called for, it took 7-8 hours. Out of frustration, I tried heating water at high (2 hours), low (2 hours), simmer (2 hours), and warm (2 hours), and my thermometer stayed at about 170 regardless of the setting. Thankfully, I saved the receipt and the box (I've had too many problems with things made in China, so now I save everything in case I need to return the item). If it actually worked, I would probably give it four stars (easy to store, good looking, glass lid actually fits the ceramic pot).
We've had the unit about a month and I'm buying another as a present for my sister-in-law.
- good size for a small family (1 cup uncooked rice makes rice side dishes for 2-4 people and 5 cups worked out well for a small party last week with 11 people).
- rice cooks perfectly (unlike our previous cheap rice cookers)
- rice stays warm and ready to serve (unlike our previous cheap rice cookers)
- can cook rice with meat and vegetables
- can cook rice and steam vegetables at the same time using the steamer insert
- can cook soups and stews and roasts (up to about 4 lbs) using slow cook mode
- nonstick pot is easy to clean
-… Read more
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
There are many reviews on this camera, most from the initial introduction. The 2013 firmware update addressed the slow autofocus that was a complaint in the early reviews. The recent price cuts have addressed the other complaint from the early reviews.
I have owned a range of Canon equipment from the point-and-shoot models to the professional 5D and 1D models. The Canon M has become my favourite camera for everyday family photography.
A few quick observations:
The camera uses an 18 megapixel APS-C sensor (equivalent to the 18 megapixel APS-C sensor in Canon DSLR models such as the T4i, 60D, and 7D). This sensor is about 30 times larger than the sensor in… Read more