march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 31, 2008
If you've ever been amazed by a magic trick and had a "Oh, it was just that!" response when you saw how the trick was performed, you might have a similar feeling after reading this book. But in a good way.

For me, starting a business involved a lot of unknowns, a lot of "black magic" (laws, accounting, budgets, hiring people, finding suppliers...). This book brought me backstage. And I feel a lot safer now, since I know that it's just a lot of work (hurray!). This book has shown me how to wear the many hats I'll have as a small business owner. Out goes the magic, in comes the method, the discipline, the long hours...
on April 21, 2013
"You will need a table on which you can write down your work"
Seriously, did I need this book to point it out for me?

This book offers very little information or pointers as to where to find further explanations on the subjects provided.
I recommend "Se lancer en entreprise", if you are French, from Editions de l'Homme (or is it Trois-Carré? I forgot).

A good book should have thorough information on market study, market segmentation, branding, estimating operating costs and core concepts like cashflow.
on February 2, 2012
Very well structured, very well written, comprehensive and detailed information. I've read many books on the subject - this is THE book to read for starting a business.
on November 25, 2011
This product is very effective, everything you need to know about starting a small is in here. It also includes a DVD with more info.
on January 17, 2013
I haven't had a chance to read the whole book just yet but so far I'm finding that there are some very good tips in here for somebody (ME) who doesn't have a clue!!
on June 17, 2012
This is a great 'getting started' book for anyone thinking about opening your own business. The fact that it is geared to Canadians makes it even better.
on July 19, 2013
I guess the kindle version was so cheap compared to the printed version that it was hard to pass up a bargain. Setting out is poor, no index and content was micky mouse.

too mixed up with yanky text. completely irrelevant. Unless you are a teenager, that has no business experience I would not waste your money.
on May 18, 2015