march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on February 2, 2011
I love Gail Vaz Oxlade and have read her books before. Never Too Late touched on a subject (retirement) that I didn't think I'd need to know that much about since I think I'm still pretty young. After reading the book, I realize that it was very important to do so and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to everyone, no matter what age. Gail gives advice for adults of all ages to save for retirement, and answers the scary questions like how much to save, when to start and what to do if you haven't started yet.
on July 28, 2011
The first time I read this book at one night, I couldn't put it down! Gail, not only gives realistic and smart advise, she also truly cares about the readers' financial future. She talks about the concept of individuality (i.e., we're all different; hence, with different needs at different times). From encouraging the reader to save money, how taxes affect our incomes and investments, to managing your money, etc., she is as real as it can get!
on May 14, 2012
This book is really good! I do recommend it. Its a very easy read and Gail may it very simple. She breaks everything down to the point. Anyone can read it. Its for all ages she helps everyone how to save money from 20 to 70.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 17, 2011
Gail knows what she is talking about and it is very interesting to me to begin to understand how one can better manage their money and their tax deductions. I found the book to be very helpful while learning too!
on July 12, 2014
I've read several of Gail Vaz-Oxlade's books and am a fan of her TV series. having said that, I find that her books overlap in content. This one is a stand out book and as the title suggests really does teach the reader how to retire financially sound, even if said reader is 40 or 50 and hasn't done retirement planning.

Savvy, incisive, funny. Good financial advice.
on May 4, 2015
I wish that this book was written 30 years ago!! Even for an old idiot like me in my 50,s this book is a great wealth of information.
Great Read.
on January 20, 2014
This book is good for those who are starting out late in respect to their retirement. Gail gives good solid information on how to get started, without being too pessimistic.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 2, 2016
Gail Vaz-Oxlade is my go-to-gal for finances and budgeting and I have purchased almost all of her books. The focus of this book is retirement and how we should and can plan for it. As someone in my early 30s, I don't really want to plan for retirement however Gail stresses just how and why it is so important to start doing so at a young age. She also includes information for older adults who did not prepare for retirement and she sets out the steps to go about fixing your finances so you can eventually retire. Gail also discusses how to determine what amount you realistically need for retirement and how to figure that out even if you will retire in 30 years. This book is an updated version published in 2013.
Within her basic retirement advice, she also includes her usual basic financial advice including the "don't spend more than you make" , "earn more money if you need more money" and "cut back what you don't need".
What I really like best about Gail is that she stresses that it is absolutely important that you budget for fun and having a life. She says you can do anything you want with your budget, you just need to have the money for it and be able to pay your bills.Overall, another great read from Gail. If you have ever seen her on television or heard her on the radio, you can hear her speaking as you read this book
on April 30, 2014
What can I say about Gail, she`s gets right to the point and if you foloow this book step bt step it truly works. I think that everyone should own a copy, living dept free not a worry in life.
on September 6, 2014
A great guide to learn more about saving when young to avoid the stress of retirement later on in life.