countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on July 31, 2014
If you are looking for a decent home gym this is it.... I took the time to read the customer reviews, and found a couple of purchasers that bought this, and modified it to add the additional 2 - 50lb rods.... So I purchased the upgrade rods with this gym. I just set it up 3 days ago, and it assembled easily. It took me about 5 minutes with my angle grinder to modify the main upright and remove the metal plate that restricts this devices capacity to be upgraded. A quick shot of black spray paint, and nobody can even tell I changed it..... So, I now have a modified PR1000 that includes the 310lbs of resistance rods. Seriously, if you are at all mechanical this is an easy modification, read the reviews included here, and don't hesitate at all.... a hack saw or angle grinder can easily and quickly make the modifications and you are good to go. I am very pleased, and happily working out daily.

cheers,
cj
on June 13, 2016
Arrived with the leg extension defective. Customer service on the phone was outstanding for support (the best phone service I ever had), but it took them 3 months to ship out a replacement part. The machine itself is okay. Not quite the full range of motions that I had hoped for. You never quite get the same quality of workaround compared to going to a real gym. Longevity is also questionable, as the bows tend to warp over time.

Overall though, good value, so I will mark it as OK.
on July 5, 2012
I bought this unit about 2 weeks ago and everything arrived fast and packaged well. I've used it couple times already and the machine runs smoothly on most exercises. I'm going to skimp out on the leg workout portion as i find the resistance to be lacking and the set up awkward. As for the upper body workouts, i have no complaints so far. The bench is a little wobbley if you do not sit on it perfectly centered (the back is removable and not anchored down). Assembly was fine, got it done in about 2.5 hours and was straightforward. All in all i would recommend this home gym, but only if you get it on sale with the free shipping as i would not pay full price for this at $799.99. Looking forward to seeing the results in a couple weeks :)
on June 18, 2016
No replacement for a real gym, with limited range of motion in the exercises, as the connections between the cables (they use carabiners to allow you to switch from upper body exercises to lower body exercises) block the cables when you may not have done a complete rep. It may work better for small people (height) as they'd require less range to complete the rep, but it didn't really work for me. I ended up selling it for a significant loss, despite buying it on sale.
on April 4, 2014
I was looking for a reasonably priced system that would give me a good overall workout after returning from a debilitating illness. The setup was complicated enough, but I was able to conquer it after a few tedious hours by myself. I have been using the gym for about three weeks and am pretty excited with the results. It is very easy to use. The power rods are easy to change quickly between sets and I'm finding a broad array of exercises for every muscle group. I've read that people didn't like the leg machine, but I am quite happy with the workouts outlined in the manual. The action is smooth on the pulleys and I get a good range of motion on most of the exercises. Easy to adapt the same setup to work different muscle groups simply by changing body positions. Only concern is the carabiners used to link the cables have very sharp edges and I have cut myself when not being careful enough. Otherwise I couldn't be happier.
on July 3, 2014
The Bowflex arrived quickly but had a rough trip to me. The box itself arrived open with visible attempts by UPS to try to keep closed. Amazon made right with us for this and some visible gouges to the main body of the unit. Great machine and worth the wait. The wife who I bought it for loved how easy it was to assemble.
on November 30, 2013
For the price and what you can do with this basic Bowflex unit, it's a pretty good deal. You can buy all sorts of machines that will do just one thing for the same price or more.

It's fairly easy to assemble and the construction is solid. Officially, you can do 30 exercises with this model, but there far more possibilities than those included in the manual. Butterflies and reverse wrist curl as an exemple.

The leg station could have used the extra parts needed for Lying Leg Curls, without them, the whole front of the machine serves only for leg extensions.

My only real problem with the machine so far is the resistance of the power rods. 210 lbs isn't enough for calf raises and leg presses. The 5 lbs power rods seem useless. They don't offer enough resistance to be worth the space they are taking on the machine. I know it's possible to replace the 5 lbs rods with a pair of 50 lbs, but in my opinion, an extra pair of 30 lbs rods should have come with the machine by default.
on January 29, 2014
The Bowflex PR1000 is great. It was easy to put together in a matter of a couple of hours. It is well-made and sturdy. An excellent purchase at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.
on May 19, 2014
I have been looking for some time and this was just what I thought I wanted, it was great value, and works perfectly. My wife has enjoyed it as much as I have, which is amazing! Perfect for my worn out shoulders and I recently went through major Hip replacement surgery, and this is great for exercise while I am somewhat immobile. Took about 4 hours to set up, my 3 year grand daughter helped, haha. we had a blast doing it together.

I recommend this as a high quality machine. You will not be disappointed.

Regards,

T. Arnason Halifax NS
on April 28, 2016
It was relatively easy to assemble. Despite the instructions of 2 people required for assembly, I assembled the gym by myself in a few hours. I've wanted a Bowflex for years...with it's affordable price, I couldn't say no. Exercises are great but a video would have been more helpful. Looking forward to a much fitter me!