march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: DVD|Change

on May 23, 2011
I really like this DVD, it is a must have. The visual demonstrations are very clear and precise, and the detailed verbal instructions are given by the instructor in a narrating, voice-over fashion. The moves are well explained with a lot of cues when to breath in and out. She is really inspiring to look at, so graceful. The scenery is great too, I like that it is filmed outside and not in a big beige carpeted room.

This DVD is broken up into 2 parts: "pilates concious cardio" (20min), and "pilates prep & mat work" (30min). I found the "cardio" section relatively easy: my heart rate elevated a little, but not as much as in a real cardio workout; I started sweating and could definitely feel my muscles working hard. The second part is really working the core hard. The only complaint I have is that as a beginner, I am not strong enough to raise myself from lying on the floor to sitting, using abs in a smooth roll-up movement, and this DVD has a lot of that. I wish there were alternatives to slowly strenghten the muscles to accomplish those roll-ups. I wish it was a bit slower too, so I could really concentrate on my breathing at the right moment, with longer breaks to keep the breathing on track. There is no breaks, you switch exercises constantly, some easy, some so hard that I needed to pause for a break. All the muscles are worked, and you can feel the burn the day after.
I will keep working, and soon enough I will be able to complete the whole DVD.
on August 22, 2011
Met Brooke in the summer at a yoga retreat and she inspired me to try pilates. I thought if I can look like her, I'm in!
Very easy to get the hang of. Brooke's voice is calming and encouraging. I recommend this DVD for any level! I look forward to incorporating this workout with my yoga practice.
on December 29, 2013
I was always in to yoga, but really needed something to start strengthening my low back. I think its important to have some background in working out because you can hurt yourself if you dont know proper form. Absolutely love it though and even though Im not excessively sweating, i really see a difference after using it 3-4 times a week for the last 4 weeks
on July 2, 2012
I enjoy this workout. The moves are clearly explained, the pace is perfect for beginners, and the setting is lovely. I put on this DVD once a week between doing walking aerobics (Leslie Sansone) for a nice change and to reap the benefits of pilates.
on February 3, 2014
Great workout can feel the burn!! Be consistant with it and results will follow. Press pause if needed she can be hard to follow and switches quickly!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 7, 2015
This is an amazing work out for anyone starting Pilates. You sweat, you keep your body in good shape and strong (or loose weight for those who needs it) but none of the exercises are extreme or hard to perform. It's now part of my home workout.
on March 22, 2012
this dvd really get your heart going and i do feel the work. beautiful scenery and great audio. definitly one to add to the collection. great for beginners to intermediate. advanced people may not find this challenging
on October 15, 2014
This is the perfect introduction to Pilates. Working through the set-up movements before the more intensive ones certainly helps in understanding and adjusting. It's definitely going to make you sweat.
on July 12, 2015
This is not a really a beginners DVD...the exercises are too fast and are not well explained. Many of them are also too challenging for someone who is just starting out which makes it frustrating.
on June 16, 2014
IF HEAVY IN ABDOMEN AREA, THIS CAN BE RATHER DIFFICULT BUT HOPE TO WORK UP TO COMPLETING THE WORK OUT. EACH TIME IS EASIER. I THINK IT WILL PRODUCE RESULTS I WANT.