summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Price:$12.42+ $3.49 shipping

on August 8, 2010
This is the best yoga video I've purchased to date and I've bought a lot of yoga videos in the last several years. The backdrop for the video is gorgeous, it's filmed in a garden with the ocean in the background. This video is about 45 minutes long which is just right for me in terms of timing. I've got some 20 minute exercise videos that don't feel long enough and I've got some yoga videos that are more than 60 minutes long that I never do because I don't have that kind of time. My favorite types of yoga poses are strengthening yoga poses however, most yoga DVDs don't hold the poses long enough for me. This video is different. The teacher whose name is Ashley Turner, does something I've never seen before in any other video or class. For example, in one sequence you move into warrior pose and from there, you move into reverse warrior and then into side angle pose and then back into reverse warrior and then into side angle pose again all the while holding your legs in warrior pose. This creates a great burn in your thigh as your doing it which helps to build muscle. Also, the instructor gives you a full body workout. There are strenghthening poses for every major muscle group included on this DVD including thighs, butt, stomach, arms, waist and back. I plan on purchasing some other Element exercise DVDs because I love this one so much. The only thing I will say is if you are a beginner, this DVD is not for you. You'll need to start with something gentler or take some yoga classes first to make sure that you understand proper alignment. I will say that the instructor on this DVD provides excellent instruction but if you are in a forward bend for example, you can't see the t.v. to be able to see how to transition to the next pose and you have to rely on voice instruction only. This is a great intermediate level DVD. If you want to start with a beginner's DVD check out Element Mind and Body Experien or Element: Am and PM Yoga for Beginners.
on November 16, 2011
I like this video alot, I began doing yoga about six months ago and was looking for increased flexibility along with a good workout. This dvd delivered, it is just the right length for me as I like to do some extra stretches on my own at the end. The instructor was very good even the sound of her voice was motivating without yelling, the moves were easy to follow but there was little instruction as to how to do the poses, so you should know the basic yoga poses before you begin, but lots of suggestions to improve your postures and maintain your poses correctly to get maximum benefit. Everytime I do this workout I hear more tips and suggestions to maximize the pose and get your best workout. It is not really for flexibility as much as for increasing your heart rate along with many motivational tips during your resting periods.
on April 16, 2011
This a replacement DVD as I wore out the first one using it every day. You can be new or advanced at yoga to still appreciate this. Within just a few weeks I noticed a tightening of my arms, tummy and legs. Ashley Turner is thorough, pleasant and encouraging, the background is beautiful and the music appropriate and non-intrusive. Whether you want yoga or a weight-loss program, this is a perfect way to combine both in about 50 minutes. An excellent adition to your collection and I highly recommend it.
on April 15, 2010
I just recently purchased "Yoga For Weight Loss" and I love it! I have bought other yoga dvds and taken classes in the past and found that the right instructor is not always easy to find. I truly enjoy Ashley's voice, rhythm and routine. She is very motivating and inspiring!! I can't wait for Ashley Turner to release another dvd!
on February 8, 2013
I am new to yoga and need to loose weight so I thought that this may help. Well after the 1st sesion I debated about never trying it again. The poses are chalenging to say the least. When you contort your body you can't see the TV to follow what she is doing. I had to make a reformated copy to watch on my portable device on the floor along with the TV. The Hindi words for the positions were distracting, but after 3 times I could get the hang of it and actually listen to her words of encouragemant. I still can't get the breathing right! Bottom line if you stick with it you can notice your own improvements and feel good about the hard work you put in to completing the exercise routine.
on June 13, 2012
I purchased this DVD along with a few others for my at-home practice and I am glad I did. The pace is just right - she allows some time to ease into the movements with forward bends and light sun salutations, then gradually increases the effort. I like that she has you hold the poses for a short length of time, rather than always moving in and out of poses like some routines do. The "dancing warrior" sequence alternating reverse Warrior and Side Angle is wonderful. The table top pose, abs, and locust/back bend sequence is also a great addition. There is no Warrior I in this program, only Warrior II, which is an interesting alternative.

Overall I am looking forward to including this as a moderate, less intense workout in my yoga week. It is a great balance of exertion and moderation - definitely builds heat and muscle work, without the vigorous movement of some of the powerful flow yoga routines - I love Rodney Yee but just can't do his power yoga every day! I also enjoy her meditations and reminders to be mindful and think positively about your body, these are good reminders many of us neglect.
on January 17, 2014
Fab exercise video and you feel the workout the next day. I love everything about it! The scenery in the video makes you feel like you are there. The instructor is engaging and you don't loose interest.
on June 18, 2016
This. Workout. Is. Hard. I used to hate this lady. Yet, something always kept me coming back. It literally took me years to build the inner strength to finish the entire DVD. Now I'm able to get through the entire workout, and I am honestly glad that I bought this DVD and stuck it out. I recommend this DVD, even despite the struggle I had in trying to get through it. It gives you a challenge and has solid advantages both mentally and physically. Her words of wisdom and encouragement at the end are the cherry on top!
on September 23, 2014
They weren't kidding when they said for weight loss! Phew! It is such a tough work out, I almost passed out! I love it though,it's exactly what I wanted.
on March 18, 2013
I was looking for an additional yoga DVD to add to my beginner collection. This is a nice complement to my Element Hatha Yoga practice. It lives up to it's name as a weight loss practice given the amount of heat introduced with repetitive more cardio positions / exercises. Lots of variations for poses are provided to accommodate different flexibilities and capabilities.

I really liked Ashley's words of wisdom to lead a more stress free life throughout the practice.

I would highy recommend this DVD for those of you who would like a light introduction to yoga :)