summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$4.99

on December 10, 2012
i gave it four stars but would have given four and a half if i knew how to get the half - because it was just a little repetitive in some parts. well stated, message got across but repeated the same thing many times. other than that it was captivating, spell-binding story telling; at times i found myself in the very places described and had to shake myself back to reality. i cold feel, taste, smell, endure the situations described, which took me back to the days of my parents and grandparents altho' in their case, the immigration was to Canada. loved this book and look forward to reading other books by Laurie Fabiano.
on March 11, 2013
I bought this book and read it, enjoyed it, thinking it was fiction, only to discover it was a family's story about immigrating. The fears, heartbreaks, and success' are well documented, as are the understanding of the personalities of the family members, their strength and weaknesses. I like history and the fact that this turned out to be nonfiction was a bonus.
on January 29, 2013
Historical and a good life story with all the hardship of early immigrants to a country just beginning its own life. The bonds of families and the unsafe labor practices of a booming society.
on March 21, 2015
When I first got this book, I wondered about it...but the more I got into it the more I loved it. I recommend to it to everyone.
on November 28, 2013
Interesting story. I found it to be entertaining but rather predictable. Light reading if you don't want to tax your brain.
on June 15, 2013
Once you start, you can't put it down. This story is eye opening as to what early newcomers went through.