biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

on January 18, 2011
I have all of Jillian Michael's workout DVDs and generally pick and choose one depending on how I'm feeling on any particular day. Since I purchased the 6-Week Six Pack however, I find myself drawn to it a lot more often than the others.

I started with level one and found it to be a great core workout and appreciated the fact that other areas of the body are targeted as well within the workout. Level two was also great, but I noticed a huge jump between levels in terms of difficulty and intensity (and pace!) - which wasn't all that bad, it just keeps me on my toes (although maybe one more level in between would have been nice so that I could enjoy a third core workout at a medium level).

If you really want to achieve a six-week six pack, however, make sure you watch what you are eating in addition to doing this workout. A healthy, balanced lifestyle incorporates both an active lifestyle (with cardio and strength-training), and a healthy diet (and by diet, I just mean eat better! More whole grains, veggies, lean proteins, etc!)

I would 100% recommend this workout DVD. It's hardcore, but so worth it!
0Comment33 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2010
I am a huge fan of Jillian and have all her DVD's. This one is by far the best! I am in good shape so I started with Level 2. My HR monitor said I burned 360 Calories in the 30 min! That is insane!! Great moves for your core and keeps your heart rate high. Level 1 was a little too easy but good for beginners! Highly recommend if you enjoy circuit,core and high intensity training!! Good addition to the Jillian Library!
0Comment41 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2012
I had a baby almost 6 months ago and was looking for a different workout that would really tone my core as close to the shape it was in before pregnancy. I have been using this DVD along with a few of Jillian's other workouts everyday and in 3 weeks have noticed such a difference! If you plan to use it consistently and are really focused on getting a good workout, I would recommend this DVD. The plank exercises are super intense. It's a quick 30 minute hardcore workout.
on September 13, 2011
I started this workout end of mid August...this is my last week and it's really pulled a number on me. My core feels sore daily and I've made many improvements for my body. I just can't believe how tight my abs feel. It's really worth it; Jillian and I have a love hate relationship but I can't complain! I started out with the 30 day shred, then ripped in 30 and in between workouts I do the Yoga Meltdown. This will be a great benefit to those who want to sculpt their core.
on September 27, 2011
Fantastic workout DVD. Finally banished the baby belly for good. After completing the full 6 weeks I now use it 2 times a week with Jillian's other DVD's and am getting super results in under 30 minutes. Love this!
on March 24, 2011
If you are seriously looking for a great ab workout, look no further. I have only done level 1, 4 times now and it really works the core. I think level 1 is a fABulous start to working those muffin tops - lol. Jillian is a wonderful trainer and very inspiring. I got this video to help me shape up before putting on my bikini in Mexico in 3 weeks. I have 2 weeks to go and really enjoy this video. I find it already shaping up my core area. Want results, get this video and see for yourself :)
on March 14, 2011
I can only seem to get a little over half done at a time. I was used to her "30 Day Shred" which is like 20 mins, whereas this is 40. I didn't really see results with the Shred, but this one seems to show results quicker!
on December 27, 2011
I thought I was in shape but that was before I tried Jillian's DVD. I only wanted to make some abs as I was seeing myself a little "loose" after my pregnancies. Jillian however, was quick to make me realize I was completely out of shape. After only 10 minutes following level 1, I was sweating, my heart was pumping like crazy and I eventually had to give up lol Today, after doing the exercices yesterday, my whole body hurts. This DVD does not only work out your abs muscles as I thought, it works your thigh muscles, back, abdominal, shoulders and neck muscles (my neck hurts like crazy lol). I have no doubt that if someone follows the exercices for 6 weeks they are sure to lose weight and be in way better shape. I am going to continue for sure. Another thing I like about the DVD is, it is Jillian and Jillian is caring and funny and it is good to do this with her. My 2 daughters, 1 and 4, they also enjoy doing the exercices with me ! :)
on May 7, 2011
Love this DVD it rocks. If you use this DVD you WILL lose weight. I would recommend anyone to buy this DVD. Even if you're new or haven't exercised in YEARS it's doable since on the DVD you can either follow the person with less impact or the person with more impact so everyone can get a good workout out of this DVD.
on March 25, 2014
I don't know what to say at this point about JM. She is an amazing and effective trainer, and I don't know why women continue to pay high gym membership fees when they can simply buy 4 of her dvds and rotate them through the week for about $40. I started this one at level 2 (there are two levels), which is a great 35 min workout. While it does target the abdominal region more so than some of her other dvds, this is still a full body workout - pretty heavy on cardio. You need a mat and hand weights - preferably in a range of lbs. I switch between 5 and 7 lb weights in this workout. I don't sweat much even when I'm working hard but sweat was running off my face during this one. Buy it. And if you don't already have these, get them, too: Hard Body, Ripped in 30, and Extreme Shed and Shred. If you rotate among these 4 dvds, you will get results. I don't workout more than 2-3 times per week, and I'm very fit after doing her workouts for the past 3 years exclusively. For those who are trying to up their fitness level and to lose weight, you will be happy with what these videos will do for you. And if you're a beginner and intimidated by these workouts, don't be - she always offers alternate ways of doing the exercises to allow for those who are working their way up in fitness. If you stick to it, you will advance and be able to keep up with her most advanced dancers in a matter of months.