march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on February 15, 2013
At this price this novel is an especially good read. I really appreciated the realism of characters as described by Merrill, and I enjoyed the unique protagonist, Miranda, very much. This book was by no means see-through or easily predictable, whether in language or in plot.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 6, 2013
Sometimes it's nice to enjoy an easy, fluffy, pleasant romance on a Sunday afternoon. But so often we download a Kindle book and it's been hurriedly written by an aspiring writer with no real talent. These books are often rife with errors and simply not enjoyable to read.

The Inconvenient Duchess was actually well-written, with no typos or grammatical errors that I could find. It was also nice to read a Kindle romance book that wasn't an obvious mimic of the 50 Shades series. It had the gallant, rich older man with the innocent virgin. But that was about the only similarity, and I found that refreshing.

Wish it was a bit longer, but after all it was free, so I can't really complain!
on January 9, 2014
This was a good light read; plenty of good plot and still a nice romance. The back story was so interesting, it could easily have been its own novel (Author: great opportunity for a prequel!)

Generally well-written, except for the author's habit of having the heroine parrot back the last few words of dialogue, sort of like this: "You're very beautiful," he said. "Beautiful?", she asked. "Let's take a walk on the terrace," he suggested. "On the terrace?", she replied. It made an otherwise smart heroine seem like an insipid "dumb blonde" and by the end of the book it was really bugging me.

But still a good book that I would recommend.
on March 11, 2013
Got this as a free download and would recommend reading it even for a price. I couldn't put it down and finished it in one evening. I enjoyed the characters and will be purchasing the second one one in the series 'An Unladylike Offer'.
on January 4, 2016
An enjoyable read for a Sunday afternoon. I like the heroine - plain, hard-working, and doesn't quite believe in herself or her own merits. I like that she's not perfect - it's more believable.
on April 8, 2013
it began and progressed great, but the end seemed rushed. As if there was a limit as to how long the book could be, and the author just needed to end it. Good story, but not my favorite.
on July 22, 2013
This was a fun summer read. The characters were charming and although you know the end result (because it's a romance novel), it was still enjoyable.
on August 14, 2014
I really did enjoy this book. There were some very real moments between Lady Miranda and her new husband that kept me hooked.
on March 9, 2013
Great to read when one can sleep. interesting menu of characters. dislike being asked to write a 25 word review
on January 27, 2013
I truly loves this One and I wasn't expecting to lové it that much, I souls recommend it if you wasn't à Nice little romantic story to read cosy inside warm as sinter is cols it warms inside! I plan to read more of this author, it was well written and so cute.