le 15 février 2012
I'm going to speak more specifically to the 3DS version, rather than rehash everything about the actual game. I'm not very far into it yet, but I do have a few observations/gripes:
-the 3D is awful. Not 10 minutes in, I've already turned it off in favor of 2D
-the optional skits are not voiced. This is jarring, not to mention annoying, particularly since the rest of the game IS voiced
-at times the visuals seem a bit off...- like they haven't quite translated from the larger PS2 screen to the smaller 3DS one. (It turns out, this is not a remake, but a port.) That's not to say the graphics are bad. It just seems at times like the screen is too small. Like watching a movie on an iPhone.
That said, I am still enjoying the game. The controls work well, the graphics are generally smooth, the game itself is fun and it's nice to have an RPG on the 3DS, even if you're not using the 3D. This is a worthy game that RPGS fans (JRPG fans especially) should not pass up.
le 13 septembre 2012
This games is great and i'll break it down to pros and cons
- Active battle system, FoF Attack Changes, and unique roles alone make this game worth experiencing
- Compelling story
- For the hardcore RPG fan or the casual gamer alike
- No voices for Skits (which is a shame really, this is truly the only major flaw i see in this game. It is pure laziness to have not voiced at least a few key ones. I mean dam, sometimes there's a 2-3 minute dialogue event without anything but subtitles and faces moving. Feels like watching a foreign movie on mute, at that point might as well have kept the original voices..)
- The game absolutely requires a guide if you want to accomplish tasks other than the main quest.
- No Sidequest tracker/log (which is insanely annoying with the amount of missables in the game...)
le 5 avril 2014
I got this game for PS2 and it has remained my favourite Tales game ever since. The fact that it is now portable on the 3ds maked my day even more, as now I can play it EVERYWHERE! ahahaha!
Also I got the game in a timely manner, one of the first few days of the projected arrival date, which is always nice and everything went off with no issues! Uber stoked to start playing again!
le 26 mars 2014
As someone who came into the Tales series rather regrettably late, the 3DS port is my first time ever touching Tales of the Abyss. The verdict? It is a blast and I can see why my friends speak of the game with such fondness. It was originally an impulse buy and probably one of the best decisions I made in the past year.
le 30 mai 2014
A perfect port of the PS2 game with seemingly no extra features added for the 3DS version.
Be a fan of the Tales of game series or not, this one will be your favorite with a superb story lasting many hours, great gameplay and good music!! :D
le 17 février 2012
Tales of the Abyss is the best, even if you've already played it on the PS2 it is still worth getting on 3DS as well! We have to support the Tales series so that Namco decides to bring over more games from the series like Tales of Xillia and Tales of Innocence R, so definitely buy this game. Even if you haven't played a Tales game before, it is one of my favourite RPG series, it has real time combat and is a very long game so great value for your money. Also this story is one of my favourites I really like the characters and the twists. So if you are looking for an RPG for the 3DS, this is the best one that will be on the system for many years to come!