From the Back Cover
Whether you want to play games, get productive at work, or stay connected, your iPad can do it all!
There are many tablets, but there's just one iPad. Whether you're a proud owner of Apple's newest iPad or another model, this handy guide is filled with advice to help you make the most of your experience. You'll discover how to find incredible apps, send and view e-mail, browse the web, sync your data, stay connected with Notification Center, and more.
- Start with the basics — meet your iPad, learn to master the multitouch interface, use the onscreen keyboard, and fill it with stuff
- Awesome apps — find and download apps for every interest, install them on your iPad, and keep your apps up to date
- Lights, camera, action! — shoot and edit HD video, capture photos, and video-chat with FaceTime
- Boost your productivity — organize your to-do lists with Reminders, stay on top of your appointments and events with Calendar, and take important notes
- No more wires — set up your device without a PC and take a trip to the iCloud, where you can store and access your data from any device
Open the book and find:
- Steps for setting up your iPad
- How to use Dictation to compose e-mail and text messages
- Tips for syncing your music, photos, e-mail, contacts, and calendars with iCloud
- How to stay connected with Facebook and Twitter
- All about setting up slide shows of your favorite photos
- Instructions for buying and reading e-books
- Details about cool accessories to go along with your iPad
- iPad troubleshooting advice
- Surf the web, download apps, and make FaceTime calls
- Set up e-mail accounts, text with iMessage, watch movies, and listen to tunes
- Shoot and share photos and videos and read your favorite books and magazines
About the Author
Edward C. Baig is the Personal Technology columnist for USA TODAY and the author of Macs For Dummies, 11th Edition.
Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus pens the popular "Dr. Mac" column for the Houston Chronicle and is the author of Incredible iPad Apps For Dummies.