- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
iPhone Application Sketch Book Paperback – Nov 4 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Dean Kaplan is founder and owner of Kapsoft (1996), a technology consulting firm that specializes in software applications for engineering applications. Dean also writes a contemporary technology blog at DeanOnSoftware.com. You can follow Dean on Twitter @Kapsoft. Dean resides in Haverford, Pennsylvania. He received a bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering technology from Temple University in 1982.
Top Customer Reviews
The images are scaled to 150%, to make it easier to get your ideas in place. This is perfectly combined with the Kapsoft iPhone Stencil (also scaled at 150%) to allow quick, and neat drawings.
The pages are perforated, to allow you to remove sketches if you need to to include in a customer presentation of some kind.
Already working on designing my next app using this great tool.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The only complaint I have about the book (and its synopsis here) is that it wasn't clear that there was not much instructional prose in it (i.e. that it is essentially just a sketch book with no real content to help with screen layout activities).
So, if you're already familiar with iPhone/iPad screen layout practices, then this book is fine, else, it's too thin to really help novice developers.
Having this book handy also helps to make sure I capture ideas I otherwise would forget about. Especially when I wake up in the middle of the night with that next idea for a killer app. Now I just need to learn to write more clearly so I actually remember what I was dreaming up when I read it the next morning....
The only improvement I'd like to see is to sell them in 5-packs (with a discount). So you can keep them in different places (bedroom, office, car, etc.) It's works a lot better for brainstorming if you have it handy when you need it.
I'm now waiting for the iPad version of this one.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers > Programming & App Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Deals in Books
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering