5.0 out of 5 stars Make It Right - Get The Book!
Published on Dec 10 2006 by Jeff D Marshall

3.0 out of 5 stars HIgh Level Renovation Book
A bit too high level for my liking. I wish it was providing a bit more technical details and not only general advices how to choose a contractor and ceramic tiles!
Published 20 months ago by Alexandre Ritchot

5.0 out of 5 stars Make It Right - Get The Book!, Dec 10 2006
This review is from: Make It Right (Hardcover)
This is an excellent book for anyone thinking about doing a reno or even building a new home. The book is jam packed with ways to make sure you pick the right general contractor, how much the project should cost on average, and how much time the project should take. Mike also makes many recommendations on what types of building materials and finishes you should use for each type of project and if you will need a permit for that project. I know this book will help me when I start building my new home. If you liked this book I would also recommend checking out the "Holmes on Homes" TV series on DVD from which some of the pictures in the book came from. Keep up the good work Mike!!

Jeff

5.0 out of 5 stars Make it Right, Nov. 20 2006
This review is from: Make It Right (Hardcover)
I just wish that I had this book when I went through my 1st reno. Mike's advice is so straight forward, well thought out, and jam packed with valuable advice that could save you thousands of dollars and many headaches!! Reading this book is like having Mike's hand on your shoulder guiding you through your renovation.

Thanks Mike!

5.0 out of 5 stars you cant go wrong when you make it right, Feb. 17 2008
Garrett Hardy "HemelGroup.com" (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Mike Holmes - my hero?

This is a book is a no-nonsense guide for homeowners.

It covers all the basics like how to find a reliable contractor, building codes, new materials and techniques

The book goes into detail about renovating kitchens, bathrooms, basements and additions. I found the checklists and photographs are a big help too.

The more you know as a home owner the better it is for all us pros too.
Get informed with mike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, March 31 2010
This review is from: Make It Right (Hardcover)
Thank you Mike Holmes for writing such an exceptional book. I haven't read the whole book yet, but the parts I've read have been real eye openers. I'm remodeling and hoping to build my own home in the near future and already I have learned the correct techniques for doing a job once and doing it right. Exceptional book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mike Holmes, March 19 2009
L. J. Tubbs (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Make It Right (Paperback)
Mike Holmes really does help you "make it right". He explains why some methods work and others don't when you are renovating. His instructions are very easy to follow and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank-you Mike, Dec 23 2008
This review is from: Make It Right (Hardcover)
Thank-you Mike to you and your Dad for having the philosophy of "doing it right the first time". This book provides a load of insights and good knowledge in renovating or building new.

5.0 out of 5 stars make it right by mike holmes, April 11 2009
Christiane Corriveau "fan of agatha" (montréal, qc, canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Make It Right (Paperback)
Offered has a gift and very much appreciated for all the informations that it contains.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile book for the home renovator., Jan. 2 2014
This review is from: Make It Right (Paperback)
A gift from my wife to ensure my work is up to par. I think she is pleased with the results.

4.0 out of 5 stars a must have for all home owner, Oct. 24 2013
The book showed me little actual steps to fix a home, that was my initial expectation. Rather, it showed a mind set that I should have to maintain my house. It definitely helps me get my foot in areas like home Reno, house maintenance and expectation for a contractor.

A couple of take away for whom didn't have a chance to read the book--- A, hiring Mike to Reno your house. Because finding a right contractor to do the right job is ridiculously tough. Which leads to option B, take the time finding a contractor, teach yourself thoroughly before you start any job, even it's a small job.

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, April 15 2013
This review is from: Make It Right (Paperback)
lots of help with our renovation project. Book was in good shape and arrived on time. Would recommend this book to anyone.

Make It Right
Make It Right by Mike Holmes (Paperback - Oct. 18 2007)
CDN$ 24.95 CDN$ 15.64