5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book
Published on May 10 2006 by Steven R. McEvoy

1.0 out of 5 stars a fable....more like a fairy tale
So a lawyer has a heart attack and leaves for India to seek enlightenment. Everyone in Indian speaks English and he find a secret tribe of monks after 7 days journey on foot. Sorry, this is just too much pablum for me.
Published 5 months ago by L. Poirier

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
This is an interesting story. It is a story of a lawyer who appears to have it all - the corner office, the life style, the cars, women, … Then he gives it all up and tours the East. While there he comes across this strange monk and monastery. He comes to live life in a much different way. Yet he is challenged by the monk who has trained him to go back home and share the message he has learnt, with the West. Julian, our main character, returns to his old law firm and to his protégé John. He tells him a parable; then the rest of the book explains the parable and how it relates to different aspects of our lives. The parable is rather simple and a little strange but as it is explained you will never forget it. Read it to find out how a garden, lighthouse, sumo wrestler, pink wire cable, stopwatch, roses and a winding path of diamonds are symbols of timeless principles and virtues by which to live your life. This book could help raise the quality of your life to a new level.

(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Spiritual Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring tale, June 3 2013
I quite enjoyed this book and follow the author on social media. It is an easy read with cool ideas that anyone can make use of in their day to day life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book you will want to read many times, May 10 2013
A great roadmap for life told in the form of a fable which makes it an easy read. Very impactful! I reread this book time and again to boost my energy and motivation and every time I read it I get something more out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable book with an important message, May 5 2013
Karl - Tiny Thought Guy (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
It seems so often in life that many of us resonate with things differently. A message that inspires one person might be totally unimportant to another. I think that is the gift that Robin Sharma brings with this book. Some of the reviews here say that what is said has been said before, and that might be true; however, until we "get it" we often need to hear things more than once and perhaps in several forms. I enjoyed this book and if I actually "knew" all of the information well enough, I probably would not need to read anymore books. Unfortunately, I still have some "learning" to do and, as such, I will probably re-read this book more than once more in my lifetime. If you have a perfect life, you don't need this book. If, on the other hand, there is room for improvement, give it a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Aug. 1 2012
As usual, the book was received in record time. I sent it to my brother as a birthday gift and will definitely order more through Amazon, for myself and for gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guideline To Personal Growth, March 29 2012
Patrick Sullivan (Kingston, Ont. Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I loved reading this book. The material presented for the most part, has been written many times before. Yet somehow Sharma spins the self help advice, into a fun to read story. The book quickly turns into a page turner.

I also believe a lot of the recommendations are well worth considering. Sharma points out the fact, that your time on Earth is limited. One should feel compelled, to make the most of their days. He then goes on to give a list of guidelines, that will lead to a fulfilling life.

From this point forward, I am now an enthusiast of Sharma`s material.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful primer on growing into yourself, Oct. 10 1999
By A Customer
I found the book to be a useful step-by-step guide to personal growth. The fable format helps to add interest to what could otherwise become a tiresome listing of all the good things we should be doing for ourselves but aren't. Although most of the principles dealt with can be found in countless other volumes on self-help, personal growth and spirituality, Sharma's way of putting it all together helps to keep one on track. And sticking to the straight and narrow is for me the most difficult aspect of becoming the person I want to be. I have a minor quibble with Sharma's treatment of fear. He ignores the fact that fear breaks down into two main types. The first is the healthy kind that keeps us out of the path of speeding trucks and the other is the kind of fear that, due to abuse or difficult upbringings or whatever, exists in our psyche as a chronic undertone of tension and anxiety that undermines our self-image and our relationships. Minor complaints aside, I feel that a careful reading of the book and an equally judicious application of it's principles will help anyone to find greater joy and freedom in their lives.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›