5.0 out of 5 stars Did Yogi Raman know Dr. Stephen Covey and the Monk?, Feb. 4 2002
gary f steedly (jeffersonville, in United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leadership Wisdom From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (Paperback)
Robin Sharma does a masterful job of expanding on Dr.Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People with his 8 Rituals of Visionary Leaders. As a certified Seven Habits Facillitator for the past 12 years, I found the book very stimulating and reinforcing to my Seven Habits practices and Principled Leadership. For example, Yogi Raman's Time Model for Visionary Leadership requiring Time leadership closely parallels Dr.Covey's Time Management Matrix focusing on the important/not urgent in leading a Quadrant II life style. The Yogi also recommends weekly planning around prioritized roles and goals. Again, I applaud Mr. Sharma for providing additional insights into my personal quest for achieving my Mission and Purpose in life. He also provides interesting perspectives that are helpful to me in my own "emotional intelligence" work as I advocate and teach Dr.Goleman's Five competencies of Emotional
Intelligence-Self awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills. I am recommending this work to all my friends and students who share the quest for a "life of service and purpose to make a difference"-"leave a legacy".

5.0 out of 5 stars A Story You Can't Stop Reading., June 21 2000
By A Customer
What's going to happen next rages through your mind as you tell yourself it's too late in the evening to start the next chapter...but you do! This is an insightful look into the techniques for excellence in leadership, and a thought provoking look into your own personal life. Much more than a book on leadership, you will find yourself looking in the mirror with a desire for a fresher looking face, and, thankfully, some ideas of where to start.
This was a joy to read. Everyone I have passed it on to has told me it is one of the best books they have read in a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book for personal change!, Jan. 4 2002
One of the best books I have read recently! It helps you put back in perpective what are the most valuable and important things in life and how to find peace armony and beauty where it really lies!
Reading this book has inspired me greatly to love and take care of myself and therefore I have decided and implemented to quit smoking that was a self harming habit!
I hope it will impress and inspire you too!
Other books I recommend are the four agreements by Minquel Ruiz and Recapitulation by Victor Sanchez!
Enjoy your reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferrari Fan, Aug. 1 2000
Powerful advice for all those who have been given the charge to manage and lead people. A wonderful book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferrari, April 4 2002
By A Customer
Ferrari, by Robin S Shoma, is an entertaining
book.Most of the cool pictures are about the
Ferraris,which is a car I love. My favorite part is when
the Ferraris are racing other cars.
I recommend everyone who loves racing and cars
to read it!!!

Leadership Wisdom From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
Leadership Wisdom From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma (Paperback - April 8 1999)
CDN$ 18.95 CDN$ 13.68