summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on November 24, 2001
I admire C.S. Lewis for his writings on Christianity, but anyone trying to writing Christian sci-fi novels is stretching the line of interest (or at least mine). The plotline is horrible. Thank goodness this was a short book. I would have quit at about Chapter 7 if I wouldn't have had tests on it. No offense Clive but this is definitely not your best work. I am also not enthralled that I will have to read the other 2 books of the trilogy. If you're looking for a good one of Lewis' works, read "Screwtape Letters" or "Mere Christianity."
on July 30, 2015
I wanted to like this, but I don't think it has aged well. It is true Science Fiction in that is ponders the 'what ifs' of a possible other world, both for the sake of exploration as well as a mirror back to see our own world differently. The problem is the questions and observations it makes no longer seem fresh, although may have been when the book was written.