Auto boutiques-francophones giftguide Kitchen All-New Kindle Paperwhite Simple and secure cloud storage Deal of the Day - The Beatles in Mono 14LP Vinyl Box Set SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
on November 24, 2001
I admire C.S. Lewis for his writings on Christianity, but anyone trying to writing Christian sci-fi novels is stretching the line of interest (or at least mine). The plotline is horrible. Thank goodness this was a short book. I would have quit at about Chapter 7 if I wouldn't have had tests on it. No offense Clive but this is definitely not your best work. I am also not enthralled that I will have to read the other 2 books of the trilogy. If you're looking for a good one of Lewis' works, read "Screwtape Letters" or "Mere Christianity."
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2015
I wanted to like this, but I don't think it has aged well. It is true Science Fiction in that is ponders the 'what ifs' of a possible other world, both for the sake of exploration as well as a mirror back to see our own world differently. The problem is the questions and observations it makes no longer seem fresh, although may have been when the book was written.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse