biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on November 24, 2001
I admire C.S. Lewis for his writings on Christianity, but anyone trying to writing Christian sci-fi novels is stretching the line of interest (or at least mine). The plotline is horrible. Thank goodness this was a short book. I would have quit at about Chapter 7 if I wouldn't have had tests on it. No offense Clive but this is definitely not your best work. I am also not enthralled that I will have to read the other 2 books of the trilogy. If you're looking for a good one of Lewis' works, read "Screwtape Letters" or "Mere Christianity."
on July 30, 2015
I wanted to like this, but I don't think it has aged well. It is true Science Fiction in that is ponders the 'what ifs' of a possible other world, both for the sake of exploration as well as a mirror back to see our own world differently. The problem is the questions and observations it makes no longer seem fresh, although may have been when the book was written.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse